Grand Design Reflection 150 Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejknight

Hello all,
My DW and I are currently looking to upgrade from our Travel Trailer to a 5ver.
We have been looking at a Grand Design Reflection 150 series 295RL.
Just wondering if anyone out there has one and could give me an honest opinion of the quality and comfort of the system.
Thanks in Advance

Is your existing tow vehicle up to the task?? Sorry, not the response to your question you were looking for, but it is one of the most important considerations when upgrading to a 5ver from a travel trailer!!.

Grand Design builds some well built rigs.  I am wanting to upgrade to their 351M toy hauler.  As stated, you will need enough truck to handle the fifth wheel's much heavier pin weight.  A fifth wheel definitely tows better and is much easier to back.  For the 295, you will need at least a 2500 truck but can get a 3500 SRW for not much more $ if you dont want dual rear wheels.

Definitely go with the 350/3500..... for a small increase in price, you get a ?bigger? number on the ?little yellow sticker?!  ?

Go here
https://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/index.php

Lots of GD owners here that can give you feedback

We have the Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 295rl that we purchased about 8 months ago. Very happy with the setup and the way it handles. We had a jayco tt prior and I feel the fifth wheel pulls and handles better, even though it?s a little longer and heavier than the tt.

We are very happy with the quality of the brand and there are many examples on the grand design forum that Ray mentioned, where grand design stepped in to make it right when the dealer was not cooperating with a warranty issue. The only problem that we have had thus far was a water heater circuit board. I troubleshooted the issue with help from others on the forum and replaced the circuit board for around $100 from Amazon. For me, this was better than taking the trailer to the dealer and waiting weeks to have it returned.

However, I wouldn?t want to go much heavier with the truck we have. A ?properly equipped? 150 truck will pull and handle the load well.

Hope this helps,
Monte

Back
Top Bottom