It is so good . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FenderP

So, we don?t have tv in the house but I read that Travis Pastrana is doing 3 of the Evel Knievel jumps live tonight. So, I went out to the RV, fired up the genny, turned on the A/C, and started looking for the History channel.  Ten minutes or so and no History channel. But the A/C shut off. So I shut the genny down and go tell my sweet bride we may have problems because we The A/C shutndown and would not start again.

She says, you ran the genny for nothing, it?s on shore power, go reset the circuit breaker.

What would I do without her?

It is so good to be married to someone so much smarter than me.  :D

Fender,  This is starting to concern me. .... I’ve followed (not closely) Travis, since he started Supercross/ Motocross, X games, and his off-road racing. You....should be concerned as well.    This may require more than “one” cup of coffee!

I was a big Kevin Windham  fan! He and Travis were pretty tight years ago!

Haha, right?

I didn't get to see it, but I read that he made all three jumps safely.  Thank God for that.

It seems like they are crazy, but both Windham and Pastrana are very intelligent about what they do.  Well, ok, they are crazy.

I watched it and it didn't appear to be scary to me. He made it look so easy IMHO. I think a lot of it is hyped up just to get followers. He cleared everything by at least 20 or 30 feet. After all, he is a professional stunt man.

The a/c shutdown is a mystery, though, because as soon as you started the generator, the power source shifted to the genset rather than shore power (the auto-transfer switch engaged). You may have tripped a breaker on the genset as well.

Rene T said:
I watched it and it didn't appear to be scary to me. He made it look so easy IMHO. I think a lot of it is hyped up just to get followers. He cleared everything by at least 20 or 30 feet. After all, he is a professional stunt man.

If it has an engine and wheels....he can do amazing things with it!

FenderP said:
Haha, right?

I didn't get to see it, but I read that he made all three jumps safely.  Thank God for that.

It seems like they are crazy, but both Windham and Pastrana are very intelligent about what they do.  Well, ok, they are crazy.

My daughter and her husband knew Kevin personally, they had common friends. He’s a class act! She told me about him, I followed him from when he was on the 125’s (2 strokes)!

Rene T said:

He does make it look easy, as most professionals at anything do.

Having spent some time on dirt bikes and many years on street bikes myself, I can really appreciate the difficulty of what he does on those bikes, especially doing it on a street bike.  Amazing skill.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
The a/c shutdown is a mystery, though, because as soon as you started the generator, the power source shifted to the genset rather than shore power (the auto-transfer switch engaged). You may have tripped a breaker on the genset as well.

Gary, I will check it, but it was my understanding that the generator would only power the AC/charge batteries if the coach's 30A plug was plugged into the 30A outlet from the genset.  That plug was plugged into an extension cord running from my house.

Memtb said:
  My daughter and her husband knew Kevin personally, they had common friends. He?s a class act! She told me about him, I followed him from when he was on the 125?s (2 strokes)!

The old 2 strokes.  I had a Kawasaki 300 triple/two-stroke street bike once.  That thing was as quick as a 4-stroke 750 (when it ran right).

Memtb said:
Those 2 stroke Kawasaki triples, were ?stupid? fast....?if? you could keep the bottom-end intact!

Somebody stole the thing and threw it down a ravine because they couldn't start it.  They probably saved my life.  LOL

Back
Top Bottom