Winnebago class c body drain holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mabgenre

Do any of you know if there are drain holes to remove rainwater from the body of our class c rv's? I have observed water seeping into the coach from behind a srew that attaches the firberglass nose of the coach to the cab. I wonder if there are some exterior drain holes that may be clogged and causing water to back up in thst area after a beavy rainfall.

All roof penetrations (screws, etc) should have a goop of self-leveling sealant covering them (like Dicor.) Have you been on the roof for an inspection?

Ha, been all over that roof! I know that I  still need to find all of the leaks but right now I'm just wondering if there are also drain holes that I  need to clear. The screw head from which water seeps behind and into to the coach is inside, where the fiberglass coach is secured directly to the frame of the cab. There are a half dozen or so of these screws that I have access to-- behind the passenger seat. I got to them by removing the upholstered piece that covers the transition of coach to cab.  There are about a half dozen or so of these screws going down to the floor.  Two of these screws (the ones water seeps in from behind) don't seem to tighten but do not appear to be backing out either. There is not and appears to never have been goop or Dicor or anything on the screws or in the holes. I could cover them with goop but the water would just seek another outlet ...probably into the coach.  There is a heavy black weatherstrip of some kind used at the edge of the fiberglass but that does not appear to be leaking through into the coach. Probably not explaining well. I'll add pics later. Heavy rain again now.

One trick to find leaks is to pressurize the interior with a large box fan - fit it in a window or a sealed off door and turn it on. Spray a dishwashing soap - water solution and look for the soap bubbles. Leaking RVs are a lot like boats, a leak can begin five or ten feet away before it finds its way out in the cabin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom