my wife uses AC too much.. could I fool her?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have great sympathy for hot flashes cause I had em for almost a year while on hormone therapy while researching my prostate cancer treatment. So I was very happy when my wife went on bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). No more hot flashes for her and a great physical and mental improvement in her life. Check it out.

Riiiight! Hormone pills for menopause, I?ve been telling her numerous times! Nothing done! :mad: In the summer (FLA), she just wraps herself so tight in 1 sheet/1 blanket, that only her face could feel any real benefit of AC (and she already has a fan blasting away direct in her face!) For the winter (FLA), I just get out the thermal underwear when it hits <50 deg, and I?m absolutely happy :). So while she needs more work/energy conversion in the summer (you know, engineer Scott?s wisdom about ?The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain? on Star Trek?) I adjust in the winter. The difference? According to Kirchoff?s Laws (of energy lost as heat via conversion), my adaptation makes hers look like 27 additional climbs through the Jeffries Tubes to rebuild the port nacelles (and a higher bill), a relative epitome of waste! ;D

Mr Rookie,
This is a battle you can't win. I suggest you give in and pick something else to
fight for. Remember "happy wife happy life".  JMHO  :) :) :) :) :)

Even she once hinted that I could theoretically win... earning 1/3 what she does w/ my lifelong disability could qualify me for alimony! ROTFLMAO ;D  8)  ::)

Thanks for letting me vent... but wait, she?s the one always hot, she needs to vent!
LOL

Her struggle is real, I have dealt with this for 20 years. Even the suggestion of hormone therapy which was eventually tried, did not work.....be the man and put on another blanket to sleep and a sweatshirt for lounging around.  The other choice is divorce and you will have a whole other set of problems to deal with. I've gotten to the point where I actually enjoy having the fan running and the cool bed to sleep in.

Back when I worked for an HVAC contractor we installed return air thermostats and dummy stats where the office workers were so they would think they had control over their environment. Worked great but they weren't trying to sleep.

'Could I fool Her'
Well for me, after 28 years of marriage, any attempt of that, well, I always end up the fool. Buy some flannel PJs  :))

I agree with the others who say it likely will not end well and that hot flashes for women are a real thing.  Seems like a lot of work and some expense that will be of no value and create more problems than solve. Suck it bud and get out the sweaters, PJ's and blankets if need be.  Remember the old adage "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy".

rookieRV said:
Riiiight! Hormone pills for menopause, I?ve been telling her numerous times! Nothing done! :mad: In the summer (FLA), she just wraps herself so tight in 1 sheet/1 blanket, that only her face could feel any real benefit of AC (and she already has a fan blasting away direct in her face!) For the winter (FLA), I just get out the thermal underwear when it hits <50 deg, and I?m absolutely happy :). So while she needs more work/energy conversion in the summer (you know, engineer Scott?s wisdom about ?The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain? on Star Trek?) I adjust in the winter. The difference? According to Kirchoff?s Laws (of energy lost as heat via conversion), my adaptation makes hers look like 27 additional climbs through the Jeffries Tubes to rebuild the port nacelles (and a higher bill), a relative epitome of waste! ;D
There are medical risks to HRT for menopause some serious some not. So perhaps, in all seriousness, maybe couples therapy could work to resolve your differences. Cause I see some real resentment in your posts and no empathy for her MEDICAL condition

darsben said:
There are medical risks to HRT for menopause some serious some not. So perhaps, in all seriousness, maybe couples therapy could work to resolve your differences. Cause I see some real resentment in your posts and no empathy for her MEDICAL condition

Maybe, but I?m already getting on her case for certain ?habits? that she indulges in, so as far as her medical needs go, you?re ?preaching to the choir?  ;)

darsben said:
If you are talking "herb" then I am on her side.

If I was talking ?herb?, then her ?hot flashes? may be solved LOL! sufficed to say, her main one (of two types of indulgences) doesn?t exactly do her liver justice, and I?ll leave it at that... :'(

There are medical risks to HRT for menopause some serious some not.

One of them is breast cancer so not funny at all and it's not for everyone.  I wouldn't push that one.

ArdraF

I've had two mastectomies due to hormone responsive tumors.  Not funny.  Now have to take hormone suppressant drugs the rest of my life.  Makes hot flashes still occur from time to time.  Sorry, no sympathy here.

Back
Top Bottom