TOAD power steering off - issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JakeR

Not sure what I was thinking but just yesterday I discovered our 2010 Toyota Corolla manual transmission has the power steering off when the key is in the ACC position and we tow it.  The manual says it can be towed 4 down, which we do, so is the lack of power steering an issue during our tow?  It seems to turn ok but I thought I would seek opinions from our members.  Thanks!

It's fine. You don't need any help turning the wheel when you're pulling it down the road. You DO need the steering wheel unlocked, that's why you put the key to accessory.

JakeR said:
so is the lack of power steering an issue during our tow? 

Short answer NO

Long answer. In nearly all cars (Save perhaps Jeeps) Power steering is OFF when you are towing as the power steering is engine driven.

Jeeps with the DEATH WOBBLE issue.. THe power steering is LIVE when you are towing, that.. Per some experts.. is the problem (it is electric assist).

But most cars are like my Dodge.  Engine driven pump.

Ok, thanks all.  One of those things that just made me stop and think, even though I have been towing it that way since last year.  Thanks for getting me over the old age 22nd thoughts.... 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom