Can you say ?monsoon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Had been out running errands, returned to the rig about 90 min ago, temp 104. Noticed awhile later it was really dark and the awning was flapping a little. Checked the radar, yowza! Dash outside, wind has already picked up, dust blowing. Gotta get a stool to get to the deflappers, get them off and all awnings down. Sprinkles have started, thundering nearby. Get everything buttoned up, dash inside. Hard rain starts about 60 seconds later, followed a couple minutes later with hail. Jacks are down but rig?s rocking a bit. Temp dropped to 73, 30 degrees in 30 minutes. Peak gust 48. Yee ha ?

Attachments

• 7F2046B9-93D7-4C16-B0AA-C03BE15D6600.jpeg
    7F2046B9-93D7-4C16-B0AA-C03BE15D6600.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 34
Sun2Retire said:
Had been out running errands, returned to the rig about 90 min ago, temp 104. Noticed awhile later it was really dark and the awning was flapping a little. Checked the radar, yowza! Dash outside, wind has already picked up, dust blowing. Gotta get a stool to get to the deflappers, get them off and all awnings down. Sprinkles have started, thundering nearby. Get everything buttoned up, dash inside. Hard rain starts about 60 seconds later, followed a couple minutes later with hail. Jacks are down but rig?s rocking a bit. Temp dropped to 73, 30 degrees in 30 minutes. Peak gust 48. Yee ha ?
Rigs rockin? Did you bring a lady friend home?

Hope you didn't get golf ball sized hail.  We met a couple who had to scrap their trailer!  Luckily it was 24 years old but..... 

And you've got a woman???    ;D ;D :-* :-*

I remember monsoon season in Korea; set up in a rice paddy, no clearance to move, got 26" of water in 24 hours.

Soaked is not the word. 

It could be worse...    :)

Yeah, that storm hit Pahrump and Las Vegas Monday night.  Torrential rains around 11 PM, wind, lightning, etc.  No damage here, over the hill in Las Vegas a couple of roofs were blown off buildings, trees were downed and 40,000 people were without power overnight.  McCarren Airport registered a gust at 68 MPH and closed, diverting 30 flights and delaying takeoffs.

On the plus side, temperatures were 10 degrees cooler today (just grazed 100) compared to before the storm.

jackiemac said:
Hope you didn't get golf ball sized hail.

Fortunately no, although I did have that concern as it was falling on a truck I?m planning on selling in the next few months. Only pea size which thankfully seems to have left me unscathed.

jackiemac said:
And you've got a woman???    ;D

Nope, just Jeff?s overactive imagination  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom