Looking for one answers about rubber roof and onan 5.5 gold series genset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retk9113

Hello sorry if posted this in wrong area.  I'm obviously new to this forum and to rving. (Haven't went on the road yet)  I was looking for someone close to my area that maybe able to direct me to a rv mechanic/repair that isn't camping world.  I'm located on the Mississippi coast.  I thought before I saw a region thread for the southeast but couldn't find it maybe bc I don't have my contacts in haha. 
Qurstion: have a onan 5.5kw generator that has set up for several years. Replaced fuel pump and filter and had carb cleaned.  It ran for a few minutes then began to flood out and stalled.  Code flashed 37. So would it be best to get a rebuild kit for carb which I was told they don't make then I see several online or should I purchase new carb. 
2nd question.  The roof is separating from wood underneath
I know I have to replace some wood by a vent since I stuck my finger through the wood.  I assume just order the rubber roof and replace any wood that is suspect and reinstall new rubber.  As far as I can tell no water damage interior of rv  guess just wanting someone with a bit of knowledge in my area that could direct me when I get stuck on a issue which considering this rv has sat up for 8yrs it's a Pandora box
It's a 03 I believe 30ft challenger with gas engine
Thanks joey.  .

Code 37 (configuration fault) is a tough one because there are many possible causes, all obscure things. You are going to need a service manual and work through the many possibilities. The carb is a possibility, but only one of several.

Get the specific model and spec level of your Onan 5500 and search the web for a service manual. This one probably covers it, though:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/822463/Onan-Hgjab.html

Roof: Yes, basically strip it down, replace the damaged wood (it's probably just thin luan plywood) and apply new EPM rubber membrane, sealing the edges and opening with lap sealant (Dicor self-leveling lap sealant is the most commonly used).

Good response from Gary.

I would add that in the future you may have better results by separating unrelated questions into multiple posts.
Also, add information identifying your rig to you signature so others always know what you are working with.

Welcome to the forum.

Tom

Thank you Gary and Tom. 
The code 37 you are right seems very generic.  I will work the carb over again since I know it was badly gummed up. 
Will separate questions in the future for sure.  Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom