Low bridge app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coopster8

Hey.
I have a 13 ft  hight , 37 ft long FW, and going to start traveling soon, I was wondering if the was a great low bridge app out there that you can trust, yes I plan on staying in interstates most of the time, but also might want to take a scenic route once in a while..

bumping the thread...hello Google, are you listening?
google google google

I keep hoping that GOOGLE's robot will scan these posts and eventually clue in that there are a lot of folks that could use that feature in the Google Maps
Weight limits too.

What I've done occasionally is to scan the areas I'm going on allstays and look for low spots that'll cause me problems...just to get a little bit familiar with the area and any problem spots.
So far my Class C is low enough so it really hasn't been an issue.
I've also worried about bridges and weight limits to a lesser degree

Getting stuck on "no-truck" roads in cities has been my bigger problem.

Hello google? are you there?

Any road with a less than 15' overhead clearance is supposed to have big signs saying  "WARNING-  LOW CLEARANCE" as you enter on to that road.

15 foot is the DOT min. overhead obstruction height limit,  allowing for 1 foot clearance of the DOT max vehicle height (without a permit) of 14 foot.

at 13'6" you should be fine everywhere,  unless you see big flashing yellow lights and warning signs.

Allstays Camp and RV will let you enter clearance limits and then show them on a map. It won?t give you an audible alert, if that?s what you are looking for, but you can use it to locate tight spots on a prospective route.

LowClearances.com has POI files for all of the popular GPS formats. I have their lifetime subscription and it works well on my Garmin GPS. They list over 7000 USA locations and over 1000 Canadian locations, far more than the pre-installed databases on the truck and RV GPS models.

Great question, was curious also. The Radar Array on top of the Pilothouse of my boat is close to 13' from the ground when on the trailer. I have crossed on some older bridges that are non conforming and know of one old train trussel that only has 12' 6" clearance under it. Of course these are off the beaten path, but still public roads,,,gregg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom