rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: A Heads Up: Be Careful What you Buy from Amazon  (Read 1888 times)

phil-t

• ---
  • Moving Along
Re: A Heads Up: Be Careful What you Buy from Amazon
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 04:52:51 AM »
I have been a huge Amazon shopper for several years, and probably still will be. But interestingly I have made my last two electronic purchases from WalMart instead of Amazon. Their price was the same or better than Amazon, and with ship to store pick up, their shipping was faster. 

Amazon kinda ticked me off recently on a light bar I bought for my Jeep. I ordered it Prime on a Thursday early with Prime, and used to be 2 day shipping would have got it there on a Saturday.  When I was finishing the order and got to the shipping part, my Prime shipping wasn't going to arrive until Tuesday.  ?????  Since I needed it delivered before Tuesday as I was leaving that campground  Tuesday morning, I had to pay an additional $10 to get it there on the Saturday that it should have been delivered in the first place. 

It was an in stock item shipped from Amazon, so no  3rd parties involved either. That is what sent me searching when I needed a new Tablet for Diane. And Walmart did it faster, and cheaper.

I've experienced this a few times, in the last year.  Gives me the inclination to shop elsewhere.  Walmart has been one of those, along with EBAY.
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K on an '09 F53 22K Ford V-10 gas chassis.
2014 Cadillac SRX in tow.
CHF, DIY rear TrackBar
Retired - Moving Along

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Good things are illegal immoral or over 1000 watts
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 05:00:42 AM »
What does Amazon have to do with anything? I thought you should always be careful no matter what you buy and no matter whom you buy it from. Why should you only be careful when buying from Amazon? I have been buying from Amazon for years and when there is a problem Amazon always solves the problem. Can't find a better seller anywhere.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Favorite 2017 shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y0HbMU5KYa2hx02E3
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

jhskick

• ---
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 06:15:37 AM »
What seilerbird said. 
Starcraft 24 RLS

TV 2014 Silverado High Country
Lakes Region New Hampshire
John Ginny and Iris

old_toys

• ---
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 08:26:47 AM »
I ordered a new anode rod for the water heater in our toy hauler back in the spring from Amazon and it hadn't been installed till while ago. after reading the post I hurried out and pulled out the old one and it was the same pipe thread as the new one. it went in without a hitch.
the part # on the one from Amazon is X001L16415

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
I have been a huge Amazon shopper for several years, and probably still will be. But interestingly I have made my last two electronic purchases from WalMart instead of Amazon. Their price was the same or better than Amazon, and with ship to store pick up, their shipping was faster. 

Amazon kinda ticked me off recently on a light bar I bought for my Jeep. I ordered it Prime on a Thursday early with Prime, and used to be 2 day shipping would have got it there on a Saturday.  When I was finishing the order and got to the shipping part, my Prime shipping wasn't going to arrive until Tuesday.  ?????  Since I needed it delivered before Tuesday as I was leaving that campground  Tuesday morning, I had to pay an additional $10 to get it there on the Saturday that it should have been delivered in the first place. 

It was an in stock item shipped from Amazon, so no  3rd parties involved either. That is what sent me searching when I needed a new Tablet for Diane. And Walmart did it faster, and cheaper.
Iíve experienced the same thing. I think it means that WHEN Amazon ships the product it will be two day shipping, but I donít think they guarantee it will ship two days from the order date. At least thatís what Iíve come to expect.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

docj

• ---
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »
Iíve experienced the same thing. I think it means that WHEN Amazon ships the product it will be two day shipping, but I donít think they guarantee it will ship two days from the order date. At least thatís what Iíve come to expect.

My experience has been that Prime shipping was better when most packages went by UPS.  Usually I would order on one day and the package would ship the next day via Overnight Saver.  That worked, but was, no doubt expensive. 

These days, since Amazon has more and more warehouses closer to people's homes, lot of packages, even Prime ones, are shipping via USPS Priority Mail.  That means that the package will take two full days, at least, from the time USPS receives it.  And the package tracking is not as up to date or accurate.  I've had a number of USPS packages that didn't show Out For Delivery on the days they were delivered.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weisstravels.net

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 02:56:04 PM »

This also happened on an order my wife placed on a product indicated as Prime 2-day shipping, and like you the item was through Amazon and no third parties involved.  The item took 4-days to reach us.  Luckily for us while it would have been nice to have received it in their advertised 2-day's, it was not urgent as in your case. 
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 05:20:10 PM »
Yeah, since we are back full time, getting accurate delivery times is critical. And usually they are pretty good. But there has been a few times that by the time I got to the 3rd section of the order page (shipping and delivery) the delivery time was way outside of the previous stated time. Then I have to cancel, or find some other source like Walmart.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2018
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!