America's Favorite Game Show: Scam or No Scam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breezie

Is this the deal of the month or a scam?

1. This rig has been listed for a long time, so I assume locals in Las Vegas have scoped it out and walked away (if it even exists).
2. There is a lot of "scammy" terminology in the description: "out of the country, will be here on a certain date, my son-in law's warehouse, etc"

https://www.rvt.com/Monaco-Windsor-40PWD-2002-Las-vegas-NV-ID8258958-UX180228

I say scam.  Why come back for 4 days from wherever?  Son-in-law can't do anything?  Even line up an RV tech to go over it?  All this talk about travel but never mention where they are?  In other words,lots of details but no useful information.

Go ahead and contact them but no money til you are sure they are free to sell it and it's got no damage. 

My leading theory:
Jimmy, the warehouse guy is long gone with the cash, and the real owners come back from wherever and go "Where the hell is our RV?"

Make arrangements to go and see it and make sure you see the title. You may also be able to take the registration plate numbers and find out the owners name.

It could be legitimate if the seller actually has moved out of the country.  With Washington state license plates, I would definitely want to check ownership if it's stored in Las Vegas.  I suppose the short time/s he'll be here could be because he has to be elsewhere such as on business.  Assuming all is good, the cherry cabinets look like they're in decent condition as does the rest of the interior.  I wonder if it's been sitting since they left in 2016.  If so, that could be a problem if the diesel fuel has gelled.  We had a 34-foot 1999 Windsor and loved it, but I do wonder about the low price.  I would check it out - but buyer beware.

ArdraF

There are certainly enough indicators to approach this one with a great deal of caution.  It would be interesting to send them an e-mail and see what you get back from them.  That e-mail would probably say a lot.  Let us know what you find out if you decide to give it a whirl.

I am going to guess legit, but no money is even visible until I see a clear title and verify ownership!  Checking registrations is an excellent starting point.

grashley said:
I am going to guess legit, but no money is even visible until I see a clear title and verify ownership!  Checking registrations is an excellent starting point.

My vote as well. Not fishy, but like Ronny said, "trust but verify".

It seems as though it has been sitting since 2016.  A dummy I am, but regular gas goes bad, and I have no idea what Diesel does if sat that long.  I would think if I were selling as them, I would use a consignment company to add validity to the situation, or certainly not draw so many red flags in my initial ad.  I've just found too many 'great deals' on things like Craigslist, that are just scams, and being parked in Vegas, would scare me more.  I would certainly seek legal advise prior to purchase, might be best few hundred dollars you've ever spent.

Let's imagine a real Las Vegas story:  An overseas gambler won it in a poker game and now has it stored at a friends, who doesn't mind storing it. but wants nothing else to do with it.  Possibly the friend storing it owes money to the out of country owner.  Back sad story of original owner from Washington state who goes to Vegas and gambles away his life saving and RV. (sketchy title beware)

More up beat story of how the Washington state gamble wins big in Vegas and now travels the world playing poker making so much money he doesn't have time to come back and sell his RV, except when in town for a few days gambling.  (possible great deal, if you got the time)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom