Replacing Passenger Winshield on 2005 Fleetwood Bounder. Fair Price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chargerrich

Our 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 33R has a vertical crack in the windshield on the far right side of the passenger window. It runs vertical about 4 inches from the seam, is about 14 inches long and is in no way obstructing view. That said we had the RV in for routine service and got a quote of 1250.00 for full replacement. There are two front windows and this would just be to replace the passenger window and the cost includes all parts and labor.

I am curious if anyone has any experience with replacing these windows and i am wondering if this is a fair price?

I have been very impressed with this service dealer so far and am hoping to keep working with them but want to make sure the pricing is fair.

Also, what would one expect for the labor to install customer provided roof AC units (2 of them, ducted)?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

It will depend on , if you need a new "gasket",, they can run $450.00 by themselves,, then labor will vary with location and glass shipping.. It all adds up.>>>Dan

They already looked it over and it does not need a gasket, that is to say this model does not have a gasket. They said the 1250 price is complete.

Don?t you have insurance usually the insurance covers windshield replacement and you pay half

$1250 seems like a bargain to me.  We just replaced the passenger side on ours and it was way more than that. ($1900)  But insurance paid all but $500 of it so we were happy campers.

Back
Top Bottom