Need a relay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZinLuvR

I have a bad relay on the control board in the roadside bay in front of the front tire.  The coach is in the shop to get this fixed.  They have informed me that they don't make the parts anymore.  OK, maybe so, but a relay is a relay.  Does anyone know  where to find some of the original control board relays that were used by Monaco, and most likely the other class A's like Beaver, Holiday Rambler, Safari or maybe Country Coach?  This control board is a major control board, second only to the multiplex in the rear closet.

The relay controls a bank of rocker switches.  Drivers side window, up and down.  Air blast for rear view camera.  Windshield sun shade and blind, up and down.  Driver pedals, up and down.  Coach is in the shop at the moment, so I can't tell you anything about brand, type and so on.  It would seem to me that a person could wire around the relay and get these things to work by simply taking the voltage to the switches instead of using the relay.

As you said Relays are relays.  And most relays used in automotive service are identical  That is a relay designed for a Ford also fits a Chevy or Dodge or _____.

BUT.  This may not be the case with an older RV.

However.. Odds are a relay can be built.
Needed info: How much current, Duty cycle.. Number of contacts, And ST or DT.

I needed to make a new controller for one slide out. 2 SPDT relays from Auto_Zone. standard off the rack, two sockets some wire and brains. bit of solder and tape. And the slide out works better than new.. Only problem is I have to remember to stop it (release the button)

You should be able to use most any universal relay if it's just a simple ON/OFF thing.  Just make sure it has the Current rating.  Those universal are ratred 40 amps. good to 20 in my opinion. (I tend to think Derate 50%)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom