Harney Motor Coaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calicc

Does anyone on the forum own a Harney Motor Coach?  My wife and I bought a 1999 37 foot Renegade last fall.  Unfortunately, the place we bought it from had no owners manuals, maintenance manuals, etc.  We are looking for someone that owns one that may be able to help us locate or copy these documents.  Thanks!

calicc said:
Does anyone on the forum own a Harney Motor Coach?  My wife and I bought a 1999 37 foot Renegade last fall.  Unfortunately, the place we bought it from had no owners manuals, maintenance manuals, etc.  We are looking for someone that owns one that may be able to help us locate or copy these documents.  Thanks!

Harney used to be made by SMC which is now owned by Monaco. Have you tried a Google search on Harney? Perhaps there might be a Harney owners club somewhere. Hope this helps, a little bit. :)

Regards,
Liz

I wasn't aware that Safari acquired HMC, but you could call Monaco Tech Support since they bought the Safari line and still support Safari products. They may have the manuals in electronic form that you can download or maybe in paper form. Tel. (877) 466-6226.

Thank you for the recommendations!  Unfortunately, I have called Monaco in the past and they told me the Harney transition to SMC did not go well so when SMC was acquired by Monaco, most of the information was already lost.  I have tried searching on Google for anything to do with Harney and usually run into dead ends.  We did join FMC and have just found a Harney chapter so I am working that route also.  Just thought I would see if there were any other owners here on this forum.

Great forum, BTW!  I really have enjoyed it!

Sorry we couldn't help, but we may still have some Harney owners here who will respond.

Just a thought.  Lazy Days has had Harney's on the lot from time to time and jut wondered if it's possible they would make some copies and email them too you if they should have it.  That way you could print them off and have a copy.  There may be a fee if you can get someone to do this for you.  (JAT) Just a thought.  Or some other dealer or individual.

All you really need is the manuals for the chassis and the appliances, e.g. water heater, furnace, fridge, etc. The appliances are all standard models bought from companies like Dometic and Attwood and manuals are available for them online or from other Rvers who will all have the same or similar models.  As for the chassis, do you know what make it is? Freightliner and Spartan chassis stuff is available online, but if it has an SMC Magnum chassis you may only be able to get engine (Cummins or Caterpiller) and Allison transmission manuals. That's probably enough, though.

Thanks Gary, good idea to contact the chassis manufacturer.  It is actually built on a Spartan chassis so I will contact them in the morning.  Understood about the appliances, which I am not too concerned about.  Mainly looking for chassis manuals and engine manuals.  It has a Detroit 40 diesel engine so contacting them should be no sweat as well.  Appreciate the ideas!

RV Roamer said:
There is a Spartan Chassis Owners Club under the auspices of the FMCA - see Spartan Chassis Owners

Don't know if there is a Spartan Yahoo Group like there is for Freightliners - maybe a Spartan owner could chip in with the answer to that.

Gary

I am an officer of the Spartan Chassis Owners Club and a participant on the Spartan Yahoo Group. Neither has the information to provide regarding engine/chassis data. However, Spartan customer service at (800) 543-4277 does a good job of providing information if the caller can give a VIN#.

Neither has the information to provide regarding engine/chassis data.

I wasn't thinking along those lines, Bernie. Just figured he would like to get involved with other Spartan chassis owners, sharing information, problems and solutions.

Well, I didn't want to be accused of posting a commercial ;D, but as long as you asked ;)

To sign up for the Spartan Yahoo Group send an email to    [email protected]

The home page for  Spartan Chassis International Chapter of FMCA is http://www.spartanchassis.com/mh/scic.asp

We would be happy for any and all Spartan Motors chassis owners to participate, that includes you Gary <VBG>.

RV Roamer said:
Thanks, Bernie, but as it happens I have one of the rare Freightliner chassis American Coaches.  And I remember when you used to be an FL guy yourself!

Right Gary, I had forgotten that American used FL the first year of the Liberty chassis before switching back to Spartan. I was involved with FL until Marlene picked out our current t coach ;D ;D

We bought a 2000 Harney Renegade DSDP in Feb. of 2005.  Fortunately it came with a brief case full of manuals.  We have the Magnum chassis, 330 Cat, 6 sp. Allison.  With the exception of most of the cupboard doors falling apart, we have had virtually no trouble with the coach.  One word of caution...keep a close eye on the kitchen slide for bubbles in the aluminum siding below the molding.  It is electolysis caused by water getting between the wood and siding.  I had a body shop fix mine as Monaco would not accept responsibily for a manufacturer design flaw.  If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them if I can. 

Back
Top Bottom