Do you attend NRA events

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul 1950 said:
So you have hijacked your own topic.  Going from wanting to know who goes to NRA meetings, to government waste.

I have been respectful of your opinion and i have attempted to be nice.  However that kindness has its limits.  I am beginning to believe that what someone said was in fact true, you just want to cause drama and trouble.  I am also beginning to believe that no matter what anyone says you will opt for the "let me talk some BS"  side of things. 

So i would suggest since you have obviously stated that you dont like what i said and we know how you feel.  That you move on and refrain from any further comments because anything more from you would be a moot point.

OK folks, let's return to the subject, and please avoid any personal attacks. Thanks.

Tom said:
OK folks, let's return to the subject, and please avoid any personal attacks. Thanks.

"OK Paul, stop trying to make something that isn't political, political.  Thanks."  -Fixed it for you.

[quote author=FenderP]Fixed it for you.[/quote]
That didn't "fix" anything, and it's not "for me", it's for the rest of our online community.

Tom said:
That didn't "fix" anything, and it's not "for me", it's for the rest of our online community.

Just making the point that you should address the individual that tried to make the thread political and not blame everyone on the thread.

I have no desire to point fingers, or read messages that point fingers. If we don't bring this discussion under control, I'll have to lock it.

is it possible that a member doesn't ideologically agree with something that is being said,    and may be tring to get it locked  ?  ;)

[quote author=sightseers]is it possible that a member that doesn't agree with what is being said,  may try to get it locked ?[/quote]

Topics can only be locked by Forum Staff. So I don't understand your question.

This cry of  "politics"  ends up being used as a form of censorship.

We don't "censor". Folks need to follow our Forum Rules that we all agreed to when registering for an account here. If folks can't meet their commitment, they may need to find another forum for their energy release.

Tom said:
We don't "censor". Folks need to follow our Forum Rules that we all agreed to when registering for an account here. If folks can't meet their commitment, they may need to find another forum for their energy release.

Locking an internet discussion down,  is kinda a form of censorship.

Why is a debate, and perhaps an occasional "heated" debate deemed to be hazardous enough to limit our very rights as Americans? The school I attended made it very clear that freedom of speech was at the very heart of our society. Yet here we seem to accept the fact there are a chosen few which decide if we can read others opinions or not. I'm fairly certain at this point in my life I can decide which topics I wish to read and those I do not.
I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend your right to have it.

I don't see a whole lot of controversy here, it seems to be mostly NRA members and former NRA members both commenting on the NRA's waste of paper and other resources in their past and possibly present donation solicitations.

[quote author=sightseers]Locking an internet discussion down,  is kinda a form of censorship.[/quote]
Since this is a private forum, censorship is not applicable. In case you don't get it, we (I) set the rules; Forum members can either comply, or go elsewhere. Nothing has changed here in 25 years  ;)

Tom said:
Since this is a private forum, censorship is not applicable. In case you don't get it, we (I) set the rules; Forum members can either comply, or go elsewhere. Nothing has changed here in 25 years  ;)

About as clear as it gets.

Thanks Koodog, appreciate the fact that you understand.

This forum was created just two years after the internet became widely available to the public. It owes its success to its design, not an internet forum where any manner of issues, political and otherwise, can be debated, but rather exactly the opposite - the "friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing". A place to come to reap the benefits of a large and diverse group with tremendous knowledge on one subject: RVing. To create such a place, and notify potential members of the rules to maintain it as such, is not remotely censorship. To raise this straw man argument is akin to walking into a German restaurant and complain that there is no Italian food.

Latitude has been given within this very message board, "The Shade Tree", to discuss topics outside of RVing. Nevertheless, all discussions, RV or otherwise, must ultimately, within the opinion of the moderators and Administrator, adhere to the basic tenet that this, as opposed to the thousands of other venues available, is a friendly place for friendly, non-confrontational discussion, primarily of RVs. With due respect to the OP of this topic, who certainly had good intentions when he asked a simple question, newcomers do not come to the RV Forum for the type of discussion into which this topic has devolved. As this is a moderated forum, something known to every member and the terms of which were agreed by every member, at some point decisions are made by said moderators and the Administratos as to whether a discussion no longer fits the intent of the forum. It is these very decisions, perhaps unpalatable to those looking for lively political or other debate, that have led to the success of this forum, now over 25 years old.

Tom said:
Since this is a private forum, censorship is not applicable. In case you don't get it, we  (I) set the rules; Forum members can either comply, or go elsewhere. Nothing has changed here in 25 years  ;)

Ok sorry. I get it too.

It?s your forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom