rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Remove sofa; put in table/counter/bar, storage, freestanding chairs  (Read 317 times)

RoadSchool

• ---
I have a U-shaped dinette with a love seat beside it on a slide. I need better counter/table space and storage. I'm thinking I could pull out the sofa, put in cabinets below the window with an overhanging bar/countertop, and free-standing folding chairs to use with it.

I haven't seen any remodels that look like this. Does anyone know where I can see something similar? Or have advice for it?
We bought our first TT!
28' 2010 Salem 26TBUD
3 bunks in back plus queen in front
2 parents, a teen, a child, a preschooler, and a baby

Isaac-1

• ---
Re: Remove sofa; put in table/counter/bar, storage, freestanding chairs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:00:57 PM »
I have not seen this particular remodel option, though I have to ask why not remove the dinette and install table and chairs there
2002 Safari Trek 2830

RoadSchool

• ---
Re: Remove sofa; put in table/counter/bar, storage, freestanding chairs
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:50:52 PM »
I have not seen this particular remodel option, though I have to ask why not remove the dinette and install table and chairs there
1. Husband's hesitancy. It's mentally easier to be OK with picking up a sofa and taking it out than it is ripping out benches and table.
2. A table a chairs is going to take up similar square footage and would lose the under-bench storage, so would be a net loss.
3. Turning the sofa into cabinets and a bar with chairs expands usage (storage, easier accessibility to storage, food prep, seating, play, eating), and does so with less weight and a smaller footprint.
4. Zones are easier with so many people. The dinette "contains" 1-2 without touching/overlap between them and makes a clear demarcation for what's inside and what's outside its zone. A countertop/bar beside it does the same. A kitchen table and chairs beside a sofa does not create clear zones in the same way, reducing functionality in the day-to-day as I try to chop veggies on the head of a pin in the kitchen while adjudicating who is touching whom in the dining and living areas behind me. lol

That's my thought process anyway! :)
We bought our first TT!
28' 2010 Salem 26TBUD
3 bunks in back plus queen in front
2 parents, a teen, a child, a preschooler, and a baby