EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Bad smell when entering TT  (Read 192 times)

hflors

• ---
  • Live every day as if it were your last. it may be!
Bad smell when entering TT
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
Just got back from our weekly "rv check" at the storage lot.  When I enter my tt I am always hit with a very unpleasant smell.  Kind of like rotten food.  It is right as you come in the door.  I thought it might be from the kitchen sink, but I opened the cover and no smell at all.  The rest of the TT is fine.  The only place I smell it is when I enter.  Anyone else ever have anything like this?   I keep damp-rid in it and I have dryer sheets spread all around the floor.  This week we just added ant traps (the storage area has fire ants, and I don't want them in my TT)  Any ideas???
Live every day as if it were your last. it may be!

lynnmor

• ---
Re: Bad smell when entering TT
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 12:20:27 PM »
Check under the sink for the smell, it might be a bad air admittance valve.  Check for water leaks, both plumbing and rain water, rot may have started causing an odor.   Those damp-rid and other measures will not remove enough moisture to matter a bit.  If you want to reduce humidity, run a dehumidifier.

spencerpj

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:39:01 PM »
Are you sure it's not just a dirty black tank.  I need to rinse mine decent, or a few weeks later, it can have an odor.

OBX

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
Poor some water in your drains.  The elbows may be low and allowing odors to come up from your grey tank.

steveblonde

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:10:49 PM »
When not on in use i keep 2 bags of kingsford charchoal open in the trailer and it takes out all the odours my trailer is 5 yrs old and still smells new
2015 Voltage 3305 Toy Hauler - loaded
2017 Ford Escape my Daily driver - first Ford in 25 yrs
2017 Black on Black F350 Diesel Dually loaded (First Ford Truck after 17 GMs) 5167lbs cargo/weight capacity -DRKHORZ

" If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space"
From Canada Eh