kits for Direct TV viewing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodgersmom

We are researching the easiest way to take our Direct TV service from home with us when camping.  I found a "Kit" that includes a dish, tripod & cables and it is compatible with the model of our home HD receiver.  From reading, I assume all I need to do is unplug the main receiver box from home and away we go.  Is anyone on this board doing that now with their Direct service?  The portable dish is bulky -  Does it break down for packing?

I just use the box from home and a swm dish you will also need a power inserter.
I called direct and they came out and hooked everything up except the tripod.
The dish and tripod will come apart but aren't really designed to be user friendly.

Good to know that they will assist in the hook-up.  Did they supply any equipment, and do you need to take any of the cords from your home connections ?

When we were setting up a Direct TV system in our coach, no local satellite company/tech would touch it. They all told me to get help from an RV dealer who installed satellite systems.  Perhaps that was because much of the system was already installed, i.e. a roof top dome and coax wiring to a cabinet for the receiver, and wiring from there to the tvs.  The regular customer reps at DirectTV were zero help as well - they in fact gave wrong advice. Eventually I found that DTV has special reps for mobile accounts and quickly got squared away after that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom