How do roadside assistance/towing policies deal with the trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I asked this in a different thread but it was a little off-topic and got lost.

Question: truck breaks down and has to be towed, what happens with the trailer?

For an additional fee good sam and ama offer a seperate trailer policy - i have good sam its way better than ama but there are others out there for sure

When we broke down Good Sam sent a roll back wrecker, winched pickup on wrecker bed, put 5th wheel plate attachment on wheel lift, hooked trailer up, to rv park that Good Sam had reserved and set trailer up

In many cases it depends on the service provider. Though in some areas AAA has dedicated AAA only Tow Trucks.. In most areas AAA, Good Sams. And all the others, use contract towing. IE: Gouch and Son's near Detroit ....

Some companies are licensed for double tow. (Car or truck plus trailer) some are not.
Some will send a flat bed for the tow vehicle with a "hitch adapter" to tow the trailer on the Stinger.

Some will .. Well you got to make separate arrangements for the trailer.

It all depends on the service provider.

As AAA is actually many different clubs some of which DO NOT offer RV Plus you may or may not get the trailer towed
If you buy the Good Sam policy level that includes trailers then you are fine anywhere in the U.S.A and Canada. It is not a separate policy per se  it is an upgrade of their basic auto policy

because of your question i have looked into Allstate.....They have a interesting policy for 99 bucks a year.

Called Allstate Motor Club Platinum Elite .....just got some info today......looks promising....

I have Allstate.  They also cover my motorcycle.  Unlimited mileage towing (to the nearest authorized repair facility).  They cover any vehicle I'M riding in as well.

Originally I had separate towing/roadside assist insurance for the TT, as my truck insurance only covered the tow vehicle.

When that policy expired, I added the TT to my Tow Vehicle insurance.

It is best to ask your insurance agent for your particular details.

i have an emergency towing  policy from Allstate through KOA. it covers all our vehicles and anyone else that is driving them any time or anywhere, plus our toy hauler. it also gives us a koa discounted camping. i think it's about $117 a year.
i got this policy after a horrible experience with a pull back tow truck carying my tahoe on the bed and the trailer on the hitch of the tow vehicle and when he made a sharp turn it caused the tahoe bumper to dent my v-nose trailer.

Back
Top Bottom