2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel Towing 11,500 towing performance.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redrockerstl55

Hey Guys,

So I wanted to create a video showing how a F250 6.7 Diesel performs while towing a 11,500 lb travel trailer in the summer heat. 

The day I had this planned it was 100 degrees outside with heat index reading around 107.  Brutal yet perfect for this test. I have a highway run I have made other videos on showing MPG...normal driving, extreme MPG, etc.

This video shows while towing a 11,500 travel trailer how the engine performs shifting, tackling a 4% grade at 65 MPG (I know it's no Ike Gauntlet Ha ha) then some engine brake/jake brake performance.

This video may help anyone looking to see how a vehicle like this would perform with towing a heavy travel trailer. 

P.S.  My TT is a 2017 Mesa Ridge 328 BHS.  Same as an Open Range 328 BHS.  For those who are curious about this trailer...it's a big boy.  4 slide outs, bunkhouse, outdoor kitchen, 6'10" ceilings throughout (I'm 6'7" so I needed that kind of a ceiling).  1.5 baths.  It has a 10,000 lb dry weight and with how I have it equipped I would say it weight about 11,500 lbs.  I upgrade the tires to Goodyear Endurance, I love them.  I use a WDH.  (Truck is 100% stock.)

https://youtu.be/IM00w8_UgpA

interesting video, thanks for sharing.  We just did a trip to Cape Code and back from NE PA, was about 350 miles each way.  On the way up it was 85-95 degrees, super humid, and we averaged about 9.6 mpg.  The truck was clearly working harder once temp got up to 90.  On the way home it was roughly 72-80 degrees, very low humidity and we averaged 10.8 mpg.  This was towing a travel trailer that is a little over 9,000lbs loaded for the trip.  Cruise control was set on 68 basically the whole way in both directions.

Rich

My 5th wheel usually goes around 11K as we tow it.  Never had any problem with the truck.  Dang trailer tires though don't do you much good when they blow.  I lost three on a single trip back home one time.  That was a nightmare trip.

edjunior said:
My 5th wheel usually goes around 11K as we tow it.  Never had any problem with the truck.  Dang trailer tires though don't do you much good when they blow.  I lost three on a single trip back home one time.  That was a nightmare trip.

We were returning from Oregon on our way back to Florida towing our 37? 5th wheel, this was in 2000, and I started blowing tires on the RV. I was at a gas station and the fellow next to was pulling a car hauler. During our conversation I brought up the tire blowing. He asked how fast I was going and I said about 75. He told me to slow down to about 60-65. I did and didn?t blow anymore tires.

Oldgator73 said:
We were returning from Oregon on our way back to Florida towing our 37? 5th wheel, this was in 2000, and I started blowing tires on the RV. I was at a gas station and the fellow next to was pulling a car hauler. During our conversation I brought up the tire blowing. He asked how fast I was going and I said about 75. He told me to slow down to about 60-65. I did and didn?t blow anymore tires.

I was going 65 when the first one blew.  I was a little gun shy, so I was only going 60 when the second one blew.  Just 25 miles down the road.  I did no more than 55 - 60 the rest of the way home (between San Antonio and Houston), and I got just 45 miles or so from home when the third one went.  Again, doing no more than 55.  A 5 1/2 hour trip took almost 14 hours.  I put 4 new Maxxis tires on as soon as I could, and haven't had any problem since.  Granted, I haven't taken as many trips since, but still. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom