Norcold N306 Won't Ignite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AInman

Hello!

I'm hoping someone has some advise. Searching my specific issue has been fruitless.

I have a one and 1/2 year old N306 that worked fine all last year on AC and LP. This year, I cannot get it to ignite using LP. AC still works fine. I've read several discussions, so in a preemptive strike, here are the details. :)

Had annual inspection/maintenance in April
Trailer is level both side to side and front to back
Propane tank is full and open
Range burner and furnace work fine, I ran for a bit to hopefully clear out air lock if any
Can see spark when pressing piezo lighter
Does not appear to be any rust or debris on or around burner area
CANNOT smell any LP in the compartment
CANNOT light pilot with lighter

I'm wondering if perhaps the LP safety valve isn't opening? Is that not what allows the flow of LP in order for ignition to take place?

Any trouble shooting help would be greatly appreciated! Headed out dry-camping today for my daughters birthday celebration. Prepared to use a cooler but would really prefer not to as that will just piss me off! That's why I bought a camper!! LOL

Thank you,
Autumn

Thank you darsben! I have the manual. The link is actually the manual for the 300. Mine is a 306. I really appreciate it though! My model does not have a manual shutoff valve such as the 300, otherwise it looks like they are pretty similar.

I spoke with someone from Norcold and he said my speculation sounds plausible that it may have to do with a faulty gas safety valve. I'm going to run it by a local place today just to confirm but it looks like I'm living out of a cooler for the weekend either way! :(

Thank you,
Autumn

Back
Top Bottom