Ladder reccomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeandJane

Time to start re-caulking the Winnie and think I might work on it a couple hours at a time while camping.  Need to carry a ladder but don?t want my Little Giant.  Thinking about a compact telescoping style like Extend & Climb like this Xtend & Climb 785P Aluminum Telescoping Ladder Type I Professional Series, 15.5-Foot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JIL4Z8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_mFQsBbZ70AGH4

Those are about double the cost of the competition but have learned never to skimp on a tool.  What do you use? 

I have the xtend and climb 785P that I carry in my coach overall it is a good ladder, though it does flex more than a conventional extension ladder. If I were to be spending a lot of time on it I might consider the contractor series which is one level up in quality as they have more comfortable rungs.

Of course that is an even more expensive option https://www.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-CS155250-Contractor-Telescoping/dp/B071FNS3KN/

LUISLADDERS 15.5-foot Telescoping Ladder is a good choice. I highly recommend this specific telescoping ladder if you are searching for the most reliable folding ladders for RVs. I am very impressed with this one, especially the fact that it can extend to a height of 15.5 feet. When fully retracted, it becomes a little over 3 feet tall.

It is a great ladder to have if you like to do routine maintenance on your RV even when you are out camping. Another handy feature of this ladder is the locking mechanism that secures each rung in place. The locks are spring-loaded while also being easy to press.

Promotional link removed..

A few years ago when I was getting estimates on my house roof replacement, most of the guys that came out had similar ladders. I didn't take note of brands but they all said they liked them. Even the county inspector that did the final inspection had that type. They all carried them around like they barely weighed anything.
One of them seemed well used and that guy had to fiddle around with it to get it to lock but he still climbed up it without hesitation. 
If anybody knows ladders it would be roofers.

I don't know how to post the link, but if you type in telescopic step ladder on Amazon, there's one by a company called Guenchen, for around $139.
That's what I use, have had it a year and as it can be used as either steps or a ladder, it is more versatile. As with any steps or ladder, stay safe and always get someone to hold or steady it when in use.

TonyL said:
I don't know how to post the link, but if you type in telescopic step ladder on Amazon, there's one by a company called Guenchen, for around $139.
That's what I use, have had it a year and as it can be used as either steps or a ladder, it is more versatile. As with any steps or ladder, stay safe and always get someone to hold or steady it when in use.
Copy & paste works for me.
I looked on eBay (I tend to shy away from Amazon) and there's a selection starting around $85 for 12 foot ones. Some come with a 5 year warranty.

I looked on eBay (I tend to shy away from Amazon) and there's a selection starting around $85 for 12 foot ones. Some come with a 5 year warranty.
Strange, I don't trust ebay but each to their own

The Ohoho Ladder has been a big help when I have work to do on my RV like washing the roof and other minor repairs. The extendable telescoping ladder with spring loaded locking mechanism non-slip ribbing. Takes up very little room under the RV when stored. If you want to know more about the Ohoho ladder, check it out:
https://www.riversidetrailer.com/best-rv-ladders/

I have a telescoping ladder similar to the Ohoho that I keep in the bathroom of my 2016 Ventana. Why there? Because it is very compact and, with an actual door as an emergency exit in the bathroom, it gives me a simple means to get to the ground (the door is up high), and I can just hold the top and drop the rest to the ground. A bonus is that it's tall enough to let me get up to the roof, when needed.

I have a GP Logistics that the PO left behind in my RV.  It's a bit more narrow than a typical step ladder but it's plenty sturdy and what I like about it is you don't need to lean it against something to use it.  So it's perfect for setting next to the RV and cleaning windows, especially the windshield.  I've also gotten into the habit of setting it up next to the bedroom escape window, as that'd be a long drop down in the event of a hasty exit.  The downside is it is full length when folded/stowed, so you need a 7' long/wide/deep storage spot for it.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom