Jeep JL (and several others) parking rod recall- U43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I have recently learned that a new recall has been announced by FCA for vehicles with the 8 speed automatic trans.  It appears that the "parking rod" in the trans may not be long enough to fully engage when putting the transmission in park, even though the gear selector shows as being in park.  Therefore when parking the vehicle, make sure that the parking brake is set as well before exiting the vehicle. 

I just learned of this a few days ago and I have not as yet  received a recall notice. I went to a Jeep dealer here in Oregon and asked them about the recall notice. They checked their computer and said that it was not in the computer yet, so the parts for it have not  been released yet. This affects several  different models of vehicles, the recall will be wide spread.

Just a heads up if you have one of the vehicles, as follows: 2018 models that are equipped with the 8 speed automatic transmission. 

Jeep Wrangler (JL)
Chrysler 300 (LX)
Dodge Challenger (LA)
Dodge Charger (LD)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK)
Dodge Durango (WD)
Ram 1500 P/U (DS)

Here is a U-Tube link to the video that explains the recall. It is from a guy I subscribe to that he calls himself "Jeep Informant". He works at a dealer in North Carolina, and has made a series of very informative  videos regarding the Jeep Wrangler JL. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBt0gGy7UXM&list=PLOaTAVEirGxp1vDT4sbPJV6Iwgtv2pcCC&index=24

Back
Top Bottom