Transport kayak question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsMealey

Hey all,  so looking for some ideas on the best way to transport ones kayak from your campsite to the water. Typically it would be too far to hand carry and we are in a class A motor home so wouldn?t want to bring it down to the lake. We do travel with a Honda scooter and I?ve thought about towing the kayaks with that but would love to hear others experiences before I venture down that rabbit hole. TIA

So are you suggesting something like this?  Could I just walk it over?  TMS CART-CANOE/KAYAK-KY001 Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Tote Trolley https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082365AQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3v6sBbC3H2HHA

The wider the wheels the better. Also get the solid tires as the ones with air in them always seems to go flat at the wrong time. We used one similar with a canoe, and it works well. They are available at many outdoor retailers and most canoe and kayak dealers.

I'd like to know how you all carry the kayak on a class A?  I have been thinking about making a basket to carry 10' kayak vertical from the 2" hitch port,  but would like any ideas to consider.. ::)

TIA!!

MrsMealey said:
Hey all,  so looking for some ideas on the best way to transport ones kayak from your campsite to the water. Typically it would be too far to hand carry and we are in a class A motor home so wouldn?t want to bring it down to the lake. We do travel with a Honda scooter and I?ve thought about towing the kayaks with that but would love to hear others experiences before I venture down that rabbit hole. TIA

I'm using Yakima rooftop kayak carrier. These things are amazing. Absolutely nothing to install, in seconds. Round, square, or aero bars these just install. Load your kayak. Straps for a center, and both ends. Really, the center straps tied my kayak (9'9") down totally. The system is secure and very sturdy.

The fold-down feature is genius and literally makes them disappear when not in use. My kayak mounted on a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, and are perfect for loading and unloading. These are adjustable and don't forget to lock the folding part, for a perfect and secure fit. I am a Yakima guy, with lots of their stuff over the last 30 plus years, and these are a great addition to my collection.

Back
Top Bottom