RV Inside Temperature/Power Monitoring System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lesh

Does anyone have any recommendations for a power/temperature monitoring system that can be used in an RV?  We are interested in getting something so that we know our dogs are safe when we leave our RV.  It would be great to get email/text notifications if the power goes out, but something that tells us the temperature is fine too.

I know a lot of devices require wifi so we would get a mobile hotspot for that and hope we are always in areas that it works.

When we had our dog, we installed an Acurite Internet hub system connected to a WiFi repeater.  We used two remote sensors that reported temp and humidity to a central website using one of our cell hotspots or a campground WiFi service. The site alerts us by text and/or email if the temps exceed our alert settings. We also have an app on our phones that lets us check the temps at anytime anywhere we have service. The Acurite equipment was about $100, and the Internet equipment is all things we use for our normal access anyway, so there was no extra expense there. The monitoring service is free from Acurite. Now that our dog is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, we use the Acurite system to monitor the temps at our Adirondack cottage.

Thanks so much for the reply NY_Dutch!  I'm so sorry to hear that your dog has passed, but I'm glad that you found a system that worked while he was with you.  I'll definitely look into this option.

Thanks, Lesh. She's been gone about two years now, and we do still miss her very much. The Acurite system also sends alerts for low sensor batteries and loss of signal.

Back
Top Bottom