Connecting hose to outside shower faucet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majicchuck

I would like to connect my water hose to the outside water faucet. This would allow me to tap into my freshwater tank to rinse off the coach. I'm trying to find the right adaptor for the faucet. Below is a pic of my setup which is similar to many rvs. Interested in finding out what remedy that others have come up with.

Attachments

• Bounder faucet.jpg
    Bounder faucet.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 71
The faucet outlet port is 1/2" standard pipe thread. A store like Ace Hardware, Lowes, HD, etc., will have PVC fittings for both 1/2" pipe and standard garden hose that can be mated together with PVC solvent cement to make your own adapter. If you're putting the adapter directly on the faucet and not on a shower hose, I suggest using a 90 degree hose adapter as well. I made mine with a male 1/2" pipe thread and a male hose thread so I can use it with the existing shower hose to minimize the weight hanging off the faucet. I also use it inside on the shower hose to connect to my black tank rinse wand.

Have hooked a hose to the hose using a 1/2 inch to hose adapter..

NOTE: the design of the shower hose is such not all adapters will work.  The hose seals in the manner of a garden hose (a washer against a flat surface) not thread seal like a pipe fitting.

But mine worked.

One way around that issue is to use a 2 or 3 piece connection

1/2 inch IPT double female (Like you'd use to join two pipes)

And then the Hose adapter has MALE threads on the 1/2 side. or
A 1/2 inch NIPPLE (59Cents at the hardware I last visited) and a adapter with INSIDE 1/2 inch threads. Depending on what they have in stock.

I went to Ace hardware and bought a some of these for the give away box.

I still have not figured out what it takes to get Framily to stop by and use the free RV site.

Attachments

• r20180820_231756.jpg
    r20180820_231756.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 27
My Bounder has a pair of low point drains on the curb side, right under the kitchen area.  I got a shark bite fitting and a hose bib and attached to the cold drain.  I hook my hose up there and used the pump to provide water to my pressure washer.  Works great.
I'm thinking of getting a few more fittings and linking the hot and cold together so I can have warm water if I want it.

Back
Top Bottom