RV registration and water/dumping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

housedhs

Hey everyone...

Having a very good experience boondocking around San Francisco and the East Bay. Had some questions arise...

My registration with the state of Texas expires end of July. I like being registered there because I have my permanent address in Dallas, but it would be arduous and expensive to drive back over Texas state lines to get my RV inspected.

I called the help line and there appears to be no other way - I must drive the RV back to Texas for the registration inspection.

I have friends in California whose address I can use to register here. I think that will be expensive.

A friend once told me registering in South Dakota has advantages. I'm not clear on that yet.

Can anyone suggest the best solution for where to register? I have no plans to leave California.

Secondly, speaking of that, can anyone recommend a dump site around San Francisco or Oakland? I found one spot called Trailer Villa, and it was a long drive south and a $25 fee.

Lastly, can anyone recommend a water source that doesn't come out in a trickle? The best I've done so far is a gas station in Albany, and I've struck out on a couple other gas stations.

Thanks for any info...

giv the below a call

from rvdumps.com
City San Rafael
State California
Description Central Marin Sanitation Agency, 1301 Andersen Dr, San Rafael CA 94901 / 415-459-1455.
Fee $10 or less
Latitude 37.950681
Longitude -122.496994

I have my former New York Motor home registered in Arizona. Got a five year registration No inspection needed ever.  Used the RV park where I was as my local address and my New York State address as address of record. Be aware the cost is based on value of RV but my 5 year was under $250.00

We renew our TEXAS registration while in FL as a regular thing. You just commit to  getting the vehicle inspected within three  days of returning to the state.

Ernie

Wow, that would be ideal. If I could do this from California it would be my first choice.

What do I have to do?

Ernie n Tara said:
We renew our TEXAS registration while in FL as a regular thing. You just commit to  getting the vehicle inspected within three  days of returning to the state.

Ernie

housedhs said:
Wow, that would be ideal. If I could do this from California it would be my first choice.

What do I have to do?

From the Texas DMV "Two Steps, One Sticker" site:

Out of State Motorists

If your vehicle is currently out of state and you are unable to complete a Texas vehicle inspection in order to renew your registration, you may self-certify that the vehicle is out of state and will be permitted to register online, by mail, or in person.

If you renew your vehicle registration using the out-of-state self-certification option, a remark will be placed on your vehicle record indicating that an inspection is still due. Once you return to the state, you must complete a Texas vehicle inspection within three days of arrival at your home, duty station, or destination. It is very important that you keep the VIR issued after completing your inspection in case you are stopped by law enforcement before the remark is removed from your vehicle record, which takes about 48 hours. The remark will be removed only upon payment of the state?s portion of the inspection fee and verification of inspection at your county tax office.

Back
Top Bottom