Need Help Locating Vacuum Lines for AC Control on Voyage 32H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenb1023

I have 2008 Voyage 32H on the Ford F53 Chassis.  I have issues with the AC control shifting from normal to Max.  I posted in the General Motor Home page but no one seems to know where I should look for the vacuum line or vacuum actuator.  So the problem is the AC will only work on Max at idle.  Any load to the engine and the airflow out of the vents stops.  If I go to Normal the airflow resumes.  Any help is appreciated.

I don't have a lot of experience, but I haven't seen vacuum lines being used since the early-mid 90s. Everything that I have worked on from the late 90s on was all electronic, using dc motors to control the actuators. A lot of newer automobiles don't even use resistor banks for the blower speed anymore. They use a PWM driven with a transistor. Then again, this is not a car. It is a motorhome.

Having said that, Ford only sells the chassis, not the cab, so the dash may be made by Winnebago. Are you sure that this is a vacuum operated AC system? Can you confirm if it is vacuum operated and not electrical?

Well the only thing that causes the air flow to stop in Max AC is when I accelerate.  Go back to idle and I can get the max AC back.  Works fine in normal.  That rings of vacuum. 

Yup, sounds like vacuum. My diesel pusher Horizon has a vacuum pump (typical of diesels) and dash air blend doors powered by vacuum. I have no idea if your dash air is supplied by Ford or Winnebago, you could call Winnebago Owner Relations and ask them.

My Newmar uses vacuum by means of a pump. Fortunately the wipers aren?t vacuum!  ;)

Open the hood and look on the firewall for a black spherical object about the size of a softball. That is the vacuum accumulator.  There are small hoses connected to it. One of the hoses will come from the engine.  The other hose goes into the air conditioner back on the passenger side. On the hose from the engine should be a check valve. I suspect your check valve has gone bad. The purpose of the accumulator and check valve is to alleviate the very problem you're having. It is normal for engine vacuum to fall when you accelerate and the accumulator supplies the vacuum while you're accelerating.  You  can buy a replacement check valve at any auto parts store.

I checked with a couple repair shops and no one had any info on the vacuum lines for my 2003 Adventurer 35u . I started tracing out the lines and found a few with only half of a line left. I ran my fingers down each line and if I found a rough spot I repaired the line with windshield washer hose as a splice. The washer hose works great as a splice. I called one shop and was told the max a/c would cut off if I was pulling a steep hill and that is just what it does now. Before I had nothing but warm air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom