our bags are packed and we are ready to go stand here outside your door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jr brown

8)    Oh they were leaving on  a jet plane.  Well Thursday is darn near up on use and we are ready to head out . I probably wont  sleep tonight  because iam so excited to get going in the morning. Our 1st stop will be for fuel in Houghton Lake . From Houghton Lake to the bridge with a stop Just before we cross. Your next stop and probably our last one for the day will be in Munising and spend the night. Folks you don't know how long the DW and I have been waiting for this. Heck probably Muster out in the morning and forget the Dog[Jeffrey]  Chief

I understand the euphoria jr, and I fully understand it. We have had it a few times, and it never gets old. Just take your time,  enjoy the feeling, and get out there and see stuff..........

Thanks Sarge we are going slow and steady. I have darn all the time I need. Iam still doing the fire department gig, not smart enough to retire after 43 years. As chief I have been training my Asst Chief to take over I think he is ready but he is still unsure of himself so maybe a couple more year and than retire. The wife and I both worked hard and just want to enjoy each other with the time we have left.      Thanks Chief

What a wonderful old Peter Paul and Mary song to set off into a new chapter of your lives.

(Same song my girlfriend and I sang to each-other many years ago on the night I went into the Army) 

Good luck on your journeys   

Enjoy the moment and the many more to come! We understand the excitement! The preparing is just as much fun as the journey. Hope you have great driving conditions and fabulous weather.

We do a lo of cross country travel and the feeling never gets old. I will admit that by the fifth or sixth week the dog and I are ready to turn home.  However, by the time we plan our next trip; we are as John Denver wrote and many have sung, "ready to go".

Safe travels

Back
Top Bottom