Best Route

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pappi49

Will be going to Yellowstone in a couple of weeks and had originally planned on entering at the north gate to get to W. Yellowstone and Grizzly RV Part.

After looking at the Yellowstone web site, I saw that there is construction being done between Mammoth Hot Springs and Norris Junction with delays of up to 30 minutes and what they are calling poor road conditions.. My question is, would I be better off to change my route to go straight to W. Yellowstone trough Bozeman or just continue with my original plan. I chose going through the north gate as it appeared to be an easier route for someone that has not towed in the "real" mountains of the west as opposed to driving in the eastern mountains "Smokies and Appalachians".

Also, thanks to everyone that has answered all of my newbie questions. Your answers have been very helpful and I look forward to being able to help others at some time.

Ok, let me reword this. For those of you that may have been to Yellowstone in the last month or so, how bad is the road between Mammoth Hot Springs and Norris Junction?

Is it worth putting my truck and trailer through what may be all mud and gravel or is it just a little torn up but perfectly navigable?

If you are comfortable driving in the eastern mountains, you should have no trouble in the west either. The western mountains certainly have much longer grades, but both the Smokies and the Appalachians will have tighter curves and steeper grades than most of what you will encounter on the way to Yellowstone.

Joel

We were just there last week and had no Problems. The road is supposed to close in that stretch I think it said Sept 11 for about 4 weeks. I think that is what I read.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom