I want to install a stereo in my 07 Starcraft 2409

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvinc01

Hi everyone!

I have a 2007 Starcraft 2409 Tent Trailer. I would like to install a car stereo just inside the door to the left, into the kitchen storage cabinet. this would be next to the batery gauge under the stove deck. I would like to run two sets of speakers...one pair (marine) outside and one pair (regular) inside. Probably 6" rounds. Nothing real fancy.

Has anyone done this on the forum? I'm sure It has been done. The upper level models come with this already done on some. If anyone can give me some pointers or direction from their exp, it would be greatly appreciated. Would like to do this for $200 or less. What do you think?

Thanks,

MV

I haven't done it, but here's a thought:
Most places that sell the stereos (BestBuy, Circuit City) will install for free if the stereo is valued at $100 or more. It might be worth checking it out?

Thanks madimas. I have not looked into the auto installers yet, but didn't really think they would be willing to install on a RV. I will check it out. but I also figure I can probably do it my self. The part that concerns me is the fabrication for the outside speakers. I really don't want to screw up my outside shell, or have them leak later,or void any warrentee.

Thanks again.

MV

Hi everyone!

I have a 2007 Starcraft 2409 Tent Trailer. I would like to install a car stereo just inside the door to the left, into the kitchen storage cabinet. This would be next to the batery gauge under the stove deck. I would like to run two sets of speakers...one pair (marine) outside and one pair (regular) inside. Probably 6" rounds. Nothing real fancy.

Has anyone done this on the forum? I'm sure It has been done. The upper level models come with this already done on some. If anyone can give me some pointers or direction from their exp, it would be greatly appreciated. Would like to do this for $200 or less. What do you think?

Thanks,

MV

Well, just a quick FYI on this...I call a couple auto installers and they are only willing to do it if there is already a head unit existing, and they are not at all willing to deal with exterior speakers.

Also called the company I bought the TT from and they are basicaly the same situation (unless I am willing to pay was hoow they put it.)

MV

Back
Top Bottom