Kitchen faucet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi all, so we are in the middle of our trip and the cold water knob on the kitchen faucet had broken. I actually had to shut the water to the motor home off otherwise it just pours out of the cold water knob side.does amdyone know where I could get a replacement part overnight? In the mean time is there a way to simply shut off thewaterto the kitchen sink? Thanks everyone.

Mike

Edit: Moderator fixed an embarrassing typo.

Stop in at an RV shop and either buy & install a new faucet yourself (easy) or have them install it for you. Not knowing "How it is broken" it's hard to know it can be easily repaired.
https://www.campingworld.com/maintain-your-rv/fresh-water/kitchen-faucets

Just tonadd to the story, We are staying with relatives in the driveway. At our last stop someone stole my hose and regulator. So what did I do when we got here? I hooked  the hose up to the motorhome and turn on the water. My wife went to use the faicet  last night and the pressure blew the knob right up to the ceiling. So I guess you could say this is my fault.

We went to a campground in jackson NJ. We left for the day to go to six flags. I left my hose outside by the electric box. The hose had a brass elbow, pressure regulator, water filter. Someone helped themselves to my stuff. Now this.

I am about as an unhandy man as there is. I am on vacation. I am going to try and donthis myself. Should be interesting.

It will require some body contortions on your part. But, replacing the entire faucet with another RV specific faucet should be fairly straight forward. Good luck. It's hard to believe some people will steal a hose & regulator in a campground. :/

99dart said:
But, replacing the entire faucet with another RV specific faucet should be fairly straight forward.

It doesn't have to be RV specific. As long as the centers are the same.

You don't have to use an RV-specific faucet, but for someone unhandy, replacing with the exact same model of faucet might be the easiest way to avoid possible complications.  You can probably find one at a larger RV dealer parts store, or they can get one for you in 1-2 days. Amazon.com oand various online RV discount stores are also good sources.

Few RVs have water shutoffs under the sink, so you are probably stuck with shutting all water off.

99dart said:
It will require some body contortions on your part. But, replacing the entire faucet with another RV specific faucet should be fairly straight forward. Good luck. It's hard to believe some people will steal a hose & regulator in a campground. :/

The only thing "RV specific" about a faucet, is that it's cheap. Any kitchen faucet with the standard spacing, will work. Visit any home center or hardware store.

Joel

I have actually seen  a hose and regulator and even a sewer hose 'stolen' from an otherwise empty RV site.  But it was the campground owner who 'stole' it when he figured the people just plain forgot it and left a day early.  They got it back when they returned and were cursing up a storm before the park owner heard of it and came by.  I guess it can be a problem for folks with toads unless they want to risk having their stuff pilfered.

Bill

I had a "theft" experience once when we pulled our 5W trailer out of the park for a few hours to get a repair done at a local shop.  We left hoses, chairs, potted plants and everything on the site and were shocked to find most of it gone when we returned. Other RVers sheepishly began to return things after awhile, but our plants didn't come home until a neighbor pointed out to me where they had gone. I had to go ask for them, but the guy gave them up without argument. Or apology either. 

I guess greed overwhelmed common sense. It appears there was a rush to get the spoils, so maybe abandoned goods were a common thing there?  Hard to believe!

Bill N said:
I have actually seen  a hose and regulator and even a sewer hose 'stolen' from an otherwise empty RV site.  But it was the campground owner who 'stole' it when he figured the people just plain forgot it and left a day early.  They got it back when they returned and were cursing up a storm before the park owner heard of it and came by.  I guess it can be a problem for folks with toads unless they want to risk having their stuff pilfered.

Bill
I meant to say "I guess it can be a problem for people WITHOUT toads..............."

My pressure regulator came up missing. Hose was reattached to the hose bib, so I didn't really notice until I was unhooking to leave, which reminds me, I haven't replaced the regulator yet. Amazon, I'm calling you... lol

Back
Top Bottom