My Dakota Address is closing it's doors effective July 31, 2018. **UPDATED INFO*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I received a text from Terri this afternoon. Apparently the Post Office in Madison is making an exception for the forwarding of mail from a Mail Forwarding Business (My Dakota Address). If you go to your local post office and get a hard copy of an address change form, one for each person, fill it out and mail it to the Madison SD post office, they will forward your mail from there. 

This would be opposed to sending all mail "return to sender". 

SargeW said:
I received a text from Terri this afternoon. Apparently the Post Office in Madison is making an exception for the forwarding of mail from a Mail Forwarding Business (My Dakota Address). If you go to your local post office and get a hard copy of an address change form, one for each person, fill it out and mail it to the Madison SD post office, they will forward your mail from there. 

This would be opposed to sending all mail "return to sender".

Wow, that's quite an exception actually, and will involve some manpower on the PO's part. Kudos to them and good news for those affected

Rene T said:
Boy, that's not much of a heads up. You'd think that at a minimum, it should have been at least 30 days. How many people are on the road and won't find out about this till it's too late.

Exactly! I wonder how many are going to be caught out...scrambling.  I know we are!!      We have been satisfied customers of MYDakotaAddress for over 2 years. Terri had always taken exceptionally good care of us.  We have referred so many people in our travels. A few months ago we had a credit card mailed to us at our PMB and confirmed by the staff...it suddenly went missing before being forwarded out to us.  Never found and we had to reorder a new one.  That was our only complaint and for some that would have been huge but we considered Terry's professionalism up until that point and let it be.  No issues ever arose from that faux paux.

TODAY!  I got the email about this situation.  Yes it was sent out 7/26 but hello, that is still only 5 days notice!!!  I travel and don't check my email every day!    In another place we've read that the business was up for sale?  Darn, I wonder how many full-timers might have considered purchasing that business?  I really liked Madison and I might have thought about it.  But then there is Kristi Noem...so yeah.  (another story for another time) . In addition to the ridiculously short notice, what of the funds we had on deposit with MyDakotaAddress?  Anyone heard of a way to connect around that issue?  Their website is even gone!  They are listed as "deliquent" with the Secretary of STate.  Well, guess its time to decide if I want to remain a domiciled SD resident or relocate to another State.  Just sitting here making some Lemonade :)

Today we received the first two pieces of mail forwarded from Madison to Sioux Falls. So at least that part of the solution is working.

I was just wondering if anyone had received any mail from Madison post office as yet. We haven't, and I know that there is a bunch of end of the month stuff that should be there. 

SargeW said:
I was just wondering if anyone had received any mail from Madison post office as yet. We haven't, and I know that there is a bunch of end of the month stuff that should be there.

No offense, but that's exactly what I was reporting in the previous post.

I know, that's kinda what I meant! It probably just didn't come out right. I was just about to call Madison to inquire when I read your post. Now I have hope that they are actually doing that.

SargeW said:
I know, that's kinda what I meant! It probably just didn't come out right. I was just about to call Madison to inquire when I read your post. Now I have hope that they are actually doing that.

We also received cards from the Madison PO stating that forwarding was in effect, but the cards, themselves had errors and the two we received were for me.  We never got one for my spouse.  But we have seen that pieces of mail for both of us have been properly forwarded.  That's all we cared about.

Thanks for the heads up Doc. I know that Madison has to have a load of mail to get through. Just happy to hear that it is starting to be forwarded.

Back
Top Bottom