Nash Travel Trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott 3

Do you have any experience or comments on Nash TTs?  They claim to have off road capable frames and chassis.  I don't want to offroad with it, I just want it to be robust and reliably strong.  How is the overall build quality of Nash TTs?  Are they noticeably better in the cold then other TTs?

I own an Arctic Fox trailer and have friends with Nash trailers so I think I can chime in ok. I even helped a friend perform his PDI before he took delivery of his Nash.
Northwood builds Nash and Arctic Fox. Arctic Fox (AF) is their higher (more expensive) line and Nash is more affordable. The manufacturing differences aren't too different.
AF units have aluminum sidewall framing instead of wood. Nash has wood. Both have wood framed roofs. Both list themselves as 4 season trailers and I'd say that is true. Nash uses batt insulation in the walls and AF uses high density foam (styrofoam, basically). AF tends to use a bit higher quality cabinetry than Nash, but both are fine.
Frames for both are built by Northwood and have some sort of independent certification. That's one of their claims to fame. Windows are double pane. Holding tanks are heated via the furnace ducting. I believe Nash also offers 120V/12V holding tank heaters as an option. (Might be worth doublechecking since I'm not 100% on that.)
More specific to Nash. They now offer shocks for all 4 wheels. This the first year they've offered that. Nash trailers do sit high so are pretty good for "off road".
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Nash.

As an aside, check out Outdoors RV offerings. They are Northwood's sister company.

I have a keen interest in Nash because they that the floor plan I was looking for.

Unfortunately I live east if the Mississippi and they do not show up at RV shows and there are few dealers. I do not believe there are any in IN.

Their quality and features are of course reflected in their price but it seems to answer some of the standard TT complaints. 

We plan on driving 3.5 hours or more to Pennsylvania to see them first hand. 

I have had my Nash for just over a year. I boondock most of the time and drive on some pretty rough roads. Their frames seem to be well built and they use Dexter EZlube axles and suspension with shocks. Overall I am happy with it with the exception of the cabinetry assembly. Although the cabinets are built in house using wood, they staple just like all the other manufacturers. In another post I detailed how the frame for the three  kitchen drawers fell apart due to poor quality construction. It lasted a year for me, but would probably hold up better if not driving on rough blm and fs roads. They are also very good for warranty service. You can go to any service center for repairs. The service center calls them for approval. I used two different places for warranty repairs. One billed Northwood directly, the other required me to pay. I emailed the invoice to Northwood and received a check in about 2 weeks. Since I travel full time not having to go to a Northwood dealer for warranty service was a big plus.

Good luck with your purchase!

We have an Arctic Fox 30U of 2010 vintage. It has performed well. However, the Four Seasons certification is overblown. In really cold weather, they will freeze up just like anything else (Canadian winter below minus 20 Celsius) though much depends on the specific model and floor plan. I have learned how to address this issue if you want more information.

As to frame strength, they are not bad.  Some of their TT units, like ours, have a problem with the A frame in the front end. The front crossmember tends to bend if you use a high capacity load leveling hitch. 

Overall, I am happy with our purchase. They are indeed structurally sound for the most part. Fit and finish inside are no better than industry-standard.

A lot of things can be retrofitted on an RV.  Structure and frame cannot be retrofitted. In that area, Northwood excels.  Would I buy another unit from Northwood? Without hesitation. In fact, I probably would not look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom