Santa Rosa to San Jose, California best route

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be traveling south on the CA highway 101 from Santa Rosa to San Jose in about a month.
What is the best route to take with a fifth wheel?  If I remember right, the 101 ends in San Francisco for a few miles and it ends up on surface streets.

Thank you for your help!!

I'd skip the city. From Hwy 101 at San Raphael, take the Richmond/San Rafael bridge (I-580) to Oakland, and I-880 to San Jose. Which part of San Jose are you headed to? Stay away from commute times.

Thanks Tom,

We are actually taking our first long RV trip from Southern California up through Oregon, and Washington.  Up Hwy 5, then slowly down the coast for about a month.

Tom said:
I'd skip the city. From Hwy 101 at San Raphael, take the Richmond/San Rafael bridge (I-580) to Oakland, and I-880 to San Jose. Which part of San Jose are you headed to? Stay away from commute times.
This,,, Santa Rosa south bound 101 am commute to San Rafeal starts to clear up around 930-10am, south bound San Rafeal bridge free direction. 580 to 880 south to San Jose clears up after 1030am, but a accident/traffic jam is a daily event on 880,,,gregg

Alternatively, stay on I-580 to Dublin and take I-680 south to San Jose, and bypass I-880. Hwy 101 intersects with I-580.

Back
Top Bottom