Salute to Heros Who Gave Their All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

Yesterday the remains of some of our soldiers left in North Korea at the end of the Korean conflict were returned home.  It's been a very long time and I pray every one of them has some family left to welcome them home and bury them properly.

As background, this is a subject very dear to my heart because I was an Army Brat.  In 1949-1950 we were stationed in Tokyo.  In March 1950 my dad got a bleeding ulcer and after being hospitalized in Tokyo we were sent home so he could receive treatment and a medical discharge.  We got home in late March 1950.  On June 25th North Korea invaded South Korea and our troops stationed in Japan were among the first to arrive in the war zone.  Prior to that my parents had attended a big Valentine's Day dance at the famous Imperial Hotel.  Many of their friends from February 14th were among the first killed in the war and when we received the next issue of the Army Navy Journal all their names were in it.  It was a very sad day at our house but we were among the lucky ones because of Daddy's ulcer.

We are flying our American flag today in honor of those who didn't make it home and I hope you will do the same.

ArdraF

I fly my flag every day for this great country. I also fly a POW flag because my dad was a POW in WW ll.

Thank You for Remembering and bringing this to everyone?s attention! This war and those that served, did not receive the recognition that they deservedly! Almost as forgotten, as those of the Vietnam war.  I had three uncles that fought in Korea....one who was badly wounded!
    It truly is great, to see some of our soldiers lost, returning home! 

This subject is very touching to me as well.  I am an Air Force Brat but i served 8 years in the Army.  I was taught respect for the flag and for those that died protecting freedom.  I am always completely humbled and taken by those that gave up everything they had and everything they would ever be in the name of freedom.  I would like to think i could do that too but i dont know that i could do that, we never really know until we are presented with the choice.  I fly a large US Flag in my yard and also fly a POWMIA, Texas, and US flag on my truck. 

There are those of the younger generation who feel that they owe nothing to those that paid the ultimate price for freedom including the original battle for our country.  They dont realize or accept that we all would not be enjoying our freedom today if not for those brave people who thought of something more than themselves and paid that price with their lives.    A simple thank you is just not enough but i know that they would not even expect that much. 

Im starting to tear up already so i better stop.
Bless them all!!

Rene T said:
I fly my flag every day for this great country. I also fly a POW flag because my dad was a POW in WW ll.

My FIL was a POW as well. Captured in Burma. IIRC it was about 14 months of captivity.  He passed away 7 years ago on the 4th of July. Kind of appropriate. 

Back
Top Bottom