I frame vs Z frame on 5er Toy Hauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tawnya

After one year of stewing and researching decided we wanted a 5er, but after a few more months have moved to toy hauler in order to have better storage/layout options. But have been noticing there aren't apparently any Z frame toy haulers. Am I just not looking hard enough, or is there a reason for this? Will be full-timing, so want as sturdy as possible.

Any and all relevant comments welcomed.

Welcome to the Forum!

The MOST CRITICAL feature of ANY FW is floor plan.  Does it work for you and your family?  Buy the right floor plan and trust the manufacturer to have a good frame supporting it.

This same answer applies to metal or wood studs or to fiberglass or aluminum siding.  Floor Plan is the most important.

Sorry z frame technology is not used in rvs I beams are cheap and plentyful and easier to build a rectangular frame for a trailer and keep it relatively straight as you will get on a rv. Remember these things are mass produced were are not talking one off hot rods here

As mentioned, floor plan remain when all else is forgotten or accepted. Buy the floor plan.

Trailers are built to a price point. Any advantage to similarly priced models is usually advertising hype.

Back
Top Bottom