Wet carpet by hutch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corrie1972

Hi all! Hoping someone may know.  Have a 2006 pace arrow 36c (2006).  Was cleaning after being in storage for several months and noticed the carpet is now wet beside the hutch and into the hall area.  I've checked all fittings in bathroom, under hutch (behind panel where washer,etc is)  Everything is dry.  Where can this water be coming from??? The carpet is dry in front of the bathroom.

Thank you.

There are a lot of places. On my Gulfstream Ultra Class C, we went out fishing and after we got back, there was a big wet spot by the door. It turned out that the Water heater had plastic nipples that cracked, both of the valves were seized from the previous owner. It was not visible until it started leaking and even then it was difficult. Upon inspecting the rest of the lines, I found a cracked fitting under one of the sinks. I fixed that one with a shark bite fitting, a razor knife and a pliers.

Also, look for signs of water damage on the ceiling, wall, or any fixtures nearby. If you have any discoloration or even peeling wallpaper (also used on ceilings), you may have a leak from the outside. Can you provide some pics for a better idea of the layout? There are a lot of campers out there with different floor plans. Pictures help more than knowing the model.

Was the coach in enclosed storage?  If not, the water could be from a roof or seam leak. Water can run a long way inside the rig before spilling out onto the floor. 

Are there water lines behind the wall or in a chase along the edge of the floor?  Tubing can crack or get penetrated by a staple or screw.  I've seen a staple  run right through a polybutylene water line but it didn't leak a drop until the staple finally rusted through, 30 years later.

I had a water leak I could not explain... Also turned out to be the water heater. I finally found it, fixed it and STILL had evidence of a leak (only not inside) and I never found where it was leaking outside.

Finally 1 month ago (almost to the day) my neighbor "Found" or almost found it, he pointed me to the location and 69 Cents later.. (plus tax) no leak.

John From Detroit said:
I had a water leak I could not explain... Also turned out to be the water heater. I finally found it, fixed it and STILL had evidence of a leak (only not inside) and I never found where it was leaking outside.

Finally 1 month ago (almost to the day) my neighbor "Found" or almost found it, he pointed me to the location and 69 Cents later.. (plus tax) no leak.

What exactly was the problem?

If the fridge is nearby, it may be a cracked water line going to the ice maker. We had that and the carpet was wet half way across the room. Ended up closing off the line and that stopped the leak. Never did like using an icemaker in most of the campgrounds anyway.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom