help with replacement of old style 1141 bulbs with new LED replacement bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

89 allegro

i just bought some led 1141 replacement led bulbs from Walmart  and i installed them and they are half of what my old type bulbs are.i have read reviews of these led bulbs and people say they are so much brighter , so is it a brand that's brighter or a certain type led or what because my old bulbs from 1989 blow these led bulbs i got today away.I'm getting older and cant have see as it is so brighter is better..any suggestions of bulb numbers are brands would be great.i know i have seen some of these LED that are $30 each , I'm not going that route ,so I'm looking for something that's economical and works, if not i will stick with whats worked in it for the last 30 years.

I buy bulbs on eBay.  Keep in mind that bulbs with a voltage regulator will interfere with over the air TV signals, so those bulbs that state a wide range of voltage are probably regulated.  Cheap unregulated bulbs usually state 12 volt and might not last as long, so buy extra.  Many suppliers no longer give a figure for lumens so comparing output is just a guess.  So far, the cheap bulbs have been just fine for me.

I do a search for "RV LED 1141 WARM WHITE" If you would like a bright blueish color, use different search terms.

I will talk about several brands here.

ECO-Let about 20 bucks a bulb at CW or your favorite RV dealer.  LOVE "EM. I get COOL WHITE and they really light up my life. NO problems.. Very good bulbs.

The first LED's I got off E-bay.. JUNK, blue, dim no good at all, did nto last either. I think I have one, perhaps 2 left out of 10 .. My next batch..

Well what I suggest is buy one  and if you like it buy more.. DOn't buy 10 packs unless you get a real deal or do not mind tossing ;em.

I"ve bought from several different venders. all were different quality wise. 

thanks for the replies , i think will just stick with my old school bulbs and not worry about the problems with the LED bulbs ,seems like triple the price and half the light. thanks again

Leds are available in a variety of brightness (lumens) and colors (K. temperature), whereas most incandescent bulbs are more-or-less standardized in both of those.  If you don't want to bother with learning the differences, then incandescents are the simply answer.

I've written an article on Led lighting for Rvs - it's in the Forum Library at http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/LED_lighting_for_RVs.pdf

Nive write up, Gary.
One thing you don't call out, but is represented in the table is that LEDs cosume less energy.
I'm thinking of switching all my fixtures to LEDs to get more time from my battery.

Also, all my domes show signs of overheating (melting covers).  Either someone put in the wrong bulbs, the fixtures are poorly designed, or my converter is cooking them as well as my battery!.

I could also see how unfiltered power from an older converter could cause problema with LEDs.

I bought these 2 years ago on Amazon, and am very happy with the result.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EDFM6R8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EDFM6R8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For those who want assured performance when they convert, I suggest doing business with some place like RVledbulbs.com or superbrightleds.com.  They handle proven products, provide lots of excellent info, and have generous return policies if you order something that turns out unsatisfactory for your needs.  You can find cheaper sources, but sometimes it is worthwhile to pay a bit more to get better products and service.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom