Dometic check light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gr82bgreen

Hi, new here as I have fridge problem. It is a dm2652.  I was running on propane and battery went dead. Check light came on. I replaced the battery and after several attempts, maybe 20 I heard a click and it fired up. It then worked for 2 days on shore power. Worked great, very cold. Then moved and had to switch to propane. Noticed food in freezer was thawing and then overnight the check light came on. It would not light again. Fired up generator and it works on ac. Tried next day and gas lighted up, but check light came on overnight again. Seems to work great on ac. I suspect the circuit board. But I am worried about just throwing parts at it. Is there anything else it could be ar that I can check. Thanks

ais it possible that overnight, your battery voltage is dropping low enough to cause the fault? Try running it on propane while the generator is running. If you still get the check light, you either have a bad board, or a partial blockage of the propane flow.

If you don't ever get a check light while on the genny, than low battery voltage is probably the culprit.

Joel

My battery is full charge. The check light came on last night while plugged into my house and switched to gas. Voltage is not the problem. Thanks

koodog, What symptoms did you have? Did the ignitor try to light it. My ignitor does not spark. Thanks

The reason it did not spark was likely that it had tried to re-light but failed. When that happens the circuit is locked out and has to be reset manually by turning the fridge off then back on. The question is why did it quit in the first case?

(In my mind, I am not sure if fridges are supposed recycle due to having reached the temperature set and then turning the gas off and on or stay lit all the time. I don't have my manual here to look it up!!).

Mine will not reset by turning it off and restarting. when the check light comes on it will not re start. Then after I try it a few hours later it may light. But it always sets a check light a few hours later

gr82bgreen said:
Hi, new here as I have fridge problem. It is a dm2652.  I was running on propane and battery went dead. Check light came on. I replaced the battery and after several attempts, maybe 20 I heard a click and it fired up. It then worked for 2 days on shore power. Worked great, very cold. Then moved and had to switch to propane. Noticed food in freezer was thawing and then overnight the check light came on. It would not light again. Fired up generator and it works on ac. Tried next day and gas lighted up, but check light came on overnight again. Seems to work great on ac. I suspect the circuit board. But I am worried about just throwing parts at it. Is there anything else it could be ar that I can check. Thanks

gr82bgreen
Could be that the Refrigerator Electrode. (Dometic p/n 2932781012), is going, or has gone, BAD.
https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-2932781012-Refrigerator-Electrode-Wire/dp/B002PUM6NM
(I believe it is a spark/sense electrode which both sparks and senses the presence of flame).

Try cleaning it with steel wool or emery cloth.

Update, I cleaned the electrode but still would not fire up on gas after check light came on. Checked for voltage at the gas valve. It was zero. Turned to ac for a minute. Then turned to gas. It lights and now has over 12 v at gas valve. It stayed lit for a couple hours but was out again in the morning. The 12v signal comes from the circuit board. I don't know what else it could be. Batteries are fine. All contacts have been cleaned.

For those times where it wouldn't start on gas, did it try to fire up? Did you get a spark?
I doubt the board is bad. I think it is deciding to not turn on the gas for some reason. Maybe a bad flame sensor.

gr82bgreen said:
koodog, What symptoms did you have? Did the ignitor try to light it. My ignitor does not spark. Thanks
Yes it sparked, but would sputter and not light.
Intermittent issue. Sometimes it would lite, sometimes not
The check lite means it failed to light and stay lit in gas mode.
As already has been mentioned, you need to reset fridge by turning off after a check lite.
It will not try and re light after a check lite until you reset.
No voltage on gas valve because it shut off due to the check lite.

When the check light comes on  I have tried to reset by turning power off and restarting on gas. It does not spark. It does not try to light.  There is no power to gas valve. If I try a few hours later it lights

gr82bgreen said:

gr82bgreen
Most RV dealers/repair shops have a circut board tester...  many will check your control board at no charge if you remove it and take it to them.

Final update. My neibours fridge had his cooling unit go bad and he bought a new fridge. He saved his old circuit board and gave it to me to try. It fired up first time and has not gone out in a day. Thanks for all the replies and help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom