HWH 625S series jack troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The batteries weren't actually dead...all the grounds were loose, I've got other issues with the system with all the connections being corroded to the point of actually shearing the bolts and studs when trying to loosen the wiring to replace connectors on the motor and relays. I just received my new motor today and as soon as I can, I'm going to replace it along with the badly corroded relays and hope that this will do the trick. Thanks for the info on the reset I appreciate it.

Brad

Paul 1950....I called Paul Maddox and we were able to communicate via texting, and he gave me some valuable info on the motors. very detailed and to the point. Thanks for the resource. I will try to take some photos of the work and upload them...TRY, I'm not a computer guy!

Brad

UPDATE....I was able to actually repair the system and it functions better than it has since I bought the MH. I had to actually use a dremel tool with several abrasive cut-off wheels to cut the nuts off of the relays without having to cut ALL of the end connectors off, some of them were impossible to get off without crimping another connector to the wires. I had to cut one of the long  mounting bolts off of the motor with the dremel as well as it was stuck and then rounded off. although the new motor is not a CW turning motor, it works great. Paul Maddox told me they use a CW turning motor from the factory but the model numbers on the motor I purchased were exactly the same from the same brand motor as original. I did have to place an additional ground wire on the new motor by using a battery cable from motor to the system ground used for all the other wiring on the pump/motor assembly. I'm going to put pictures on here showing the terrible corrosion and the condition of the relays as soon as I can. I am so relieved I was able to do this instead of coming up with a ton of cash for a tech to do the repairs. All totaled, I spent about $130.00 for all the parts I used.

Brad

Most excellent and thanks for the follow up! Can you post the part number of the motor and where you purchased same? Looking forward to the pictures.  :))

Forgot to mention, the Dremel with a cut-off wheel is a handy little tool - used that many times.

I'm working right now but I should be able to get back on here this weekend while I sit at campground...I hope!, and post all the particulars.

Alright...Let's try a few pics....The first shows the general condition of most of the connections throughout the leveling system
The second is what happened when I tried to take the wires off the posts.

Attachments

• Hydraulic Corrosion.jpg
    Hydraulic Corrosion.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Time to replace!.jpg
    Time to replace!.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 28
More Pics...

Attachments

• Broken power connecting post.jpg
    Broken power connecting post.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Old Relay.jpg
    Old Relay.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Main terminal post from battery.jpg
    Main terminal post from battery.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Main ground for leveling system.jpg
    Main ground for leveling system.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 22
My God, that stuff looks like it spent a while in the ocean before it was pulled out.  Do you have any history of where it has spent its life? Probably driven a lot on salted roads in winter.

ChasA, The MH was actually purchased from someone in the Raleigh area but they were the second owners. I believe that the original owners were from the Virginia Beach area...that would certainly explain the severe corrosion. This is gonna be an ongoing issue I'm afraid but...I'm stuck with the beast!!!!

No doubt I'll be busy for a while...at least I'll have an excuse to get out of the house if I need it! I t is what it is. I should've inspected more than what I did before purchasing but alas...I wasn't very knowledgeable about the RV systems when I purchased it, just found a floor plan that we liked and was a little impulsive I guess.

Okay, here are some more pics showing additional corrosion issues and then the new motor and relays wired and in place.

Attachments

• jack solenoids.jpg
    jack solenoids.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 16
  • motor close up.jpg
    motor close up.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 18
  • motor connected.jpg
    motor connected.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 16
  • new motor assembly bottom.jpg
    new motor assembly bottom.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 16
I'll be putting the projects on hold until the hurricane passes...gonna be busy! Which brings another question to mind...Jacks down or up during an event like high winds in the open?

Brad

All bright and shiny - looks great! As far as jacks up or down in high wind I think I could make a case for either situation. If you will be having wind from one predominant direction, I would try to have the nose of the coach pointing into the wind and not broadside.

We've been on the road with the Horizon and have had crosswinds of 30-40 mph while we are running 65 mph and we never felt out of control. I think with just straight line winds you'll be fine no matter what you decide. Tornadoes - all bets are off. Bail out.

Back
Top Bottom