Refurb or Sell??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cannsyl

So I have a 2005 TT.  Its looking a little worn down after all its travels.  I'm buying a new (used) 5th Wheel.  I'm wondering if its worth it to put in a little time and money to spruce up the old place before selling or if I just let it go as it?  If I repaint some things and replace the carpet with wood tile and add a backsplash in the kitchen and bath would it give me good return or would I just be wasting money?
I'm torn between making a few cosmetic changes and just a quick scrub down.
Any advice or prior experience?

Agree with the above, especially if trading at a dealer. The will probably give it a coursery look, then offer whatever the book says

Agree with all of the above, a home you do that to, probably not an RV but, you will have to make the final decision

Also agree. Clean it up real good, and sell it.  You will never get the money back.  Put that money and time into your new rig.

1anjl has a good point.  Personal-vehicle policies will exclude any commercial use, i.e. rental or business purposes, but usually casual rental (a week or tow a year) is not considered commercial use.  It would be wise to clear that with your insurer in advance, though.  And of course, when you file a claim, you don't have to volunteer that it was rented at the time of the damage, UNLESS you are asked that question as part of the claim process.  Insurers take claim fraud very seriously and are prone to make examples of perpetrators when found, so don't mess around. It's considered a crime in several states.

There is a guy near my RV park in Casa Grande that rents out his trailer for the winter. He charges x dollars per month and the renter pays the lot rent wherever the renter wants to put the rig.  The owner sets it up shows the people how to use it and he seems to rent it out every year.
This eliminates a lot of risk in towing etc.

Only fix major eyesore issues which might effect people buying it, things like torn fabric on the sofa, severely stained carpet, broken windows, etc.

Back
Top Bottom