Severe Symptoms of Virtual Campfire Deprivation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy.
We are really missing the Virtual Campfire and "visiting" with other RV Forum Framily.  :'(  :'(

Hope that the VC will be available soon.

Deprived,
Liz

Understood Liz. As the News Box says, I'll post an announcement when the VC is available for use again.

Bob Maxwell said:
I'm just glad summer hit and nights are in the mid-60's or my feet might get cold without the campfire coals to keep me warm!

Tom:

I guess Bob just gave you until November to get the Campfire back on line. ;D ;D

Bob's happy with the night temps in the mid-60s and I'm bummed because last night the low here was 50.

Wendy

Well, We could always agree to chat on another server till this one is fixed...  If anyone has suggestions.

Since the chats here tend to be well behaved we could use the Vintage Computing chat rooms back on Community.compuserve.com if we had to (AOL namespace name/id required to log in)  I'm sure Marte and Larry would not mind

Hope to be back up next week. It's not a server issue. We're currently camped in the boonies with, at best, a slow connection and I prefer not to deal with uploading lots of files and doing some tweaking to make things 'safe'.

Compuserve is the last place I think we would want to go for any reason.

Jeff Cousins said:
I guess Bob just gave you until November to get the Campfire back on line.

Maybe he needs a break ;D

Ezzie65 said:
What is it? Is it like a chat room?

Yes, it's live RV chat every Wednesday at 7.00pm Mountain time. This is the original RV online chat, hosted by RV forum staffer Bob Maxwell, aka Burl Ives. Just click the Chat button above. However, we've been off the air the last couple of weeks, but hope to be back soon.

Ezzie65 said:
What is it? Is it like a chat room?

That was my question too (I see it has been answered)... I never even really noticed that link until it was changed to "SUSPENDED" in red lettering.  ;)  Sounds like you might recruit some new members by having it offline for awhile!

Scotty, if we get more members, I may take a vacation or two each year!

When Bev & I were living in W Central TX iin Coleman, we arrived in August and was told bya  rancher's wife originally from Council Bluffs IA that"Here in this part of Texas, 90% of the time we're praying for rain and 5% of the time we're praying for it to stop. Pray for rain next Sunday." I did. It didn't. Most ranchers had already sold off all but their breeding bulls.

The next summer when we drove back to Omaha for our Henry Dorley Zoo fix [A MUST SEE y'all] oh, and to bring our kids back for a six weeks visit, it rained for the first time in months.  Six weeks later we took them back and while gone, it rained again. That pattern seemend to persist for aall the time we were the and by the 4th year the Bishops Committee, the coffee clatches at the four drug stores, the County Commissioners, Cow Bells and my Rotary Club were all  in negotiations to fund a permananent sabbatical for us. But, they were all TXn's and each wanted the lowest share of the tab and none would give in.

So, maybe we'll look at some planned down time on down the road. . .

Bob Maxwell said:
Scotty, if we get more members, I may take a vacation or two each year!

When Bev & I were living in W Central TX iin Coleman, we arrived in August and was told bya  rancher's wife originally from Council Bluffs IA that"Here in this part of Texas, 90% of the time we're praying for rain and 5% of the time we're praying for it to stop. Pray for rain next Sunday." I did. It didn't. Most ranchers had already sold off all but their breeding bulls.

The next summer when we drove back to Omaha for our Henry Dorley Zoo fix [A MUST SEE y'all] oh, and to bring our kids back for a six weeks visit, it rained for the first time in months.  Six weeks later we took them back and while gone, it rained again. That pattern seemend to persist for aall the time we were the and by the 4th year the Bishops Committee, the coffee clatches at the four drug stores, the County Commissioners, Cow Bells and my Rotary Club were all  in negotiations to fund a permananent sabbatical for us. But, they were all TXn's and each wanted the lowest share of the tab and none would give in.

So, maybe we'll look at some planned down time on down the road. . .

huh? Boy Bob do you ever have me confused... What does that story have to do with the VC posts???

In case you missed it, the Virtual Campfire is back on the air this evening. Please read this message for more information before trying to access the VC.

Ezzie, if the desire for the Virtual Campfire increases while it's not available, that's like the rain only falling when we were out of the county. ;)

Thew want us gone  more and maybe planned breaks will whet desire for forum members to attend! ;D ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom