RecPro RV Furniture advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esweis

We are looking to buy 2 new couches for our motor home.  We are looking at all the online dealers and surplus.  Have had very good luck with RV Surplus in Elkhart, IN for a previous RV.  Does anyone have experience with RecPro?  Wondering about service, quality, and comfort. 

2005 Monaco Dynasty Remodel
Family of 5 who love RV Adventures

You don't have to limit yourself to RV furniture. Normal house furniture can also be used. Where the problem lies is getting it in the RV. Often the backs can be removed to get it through the door way, and I've heard of folks removing a window or windshield to get furniture and fridges in

Take a look at these guys. I ordered a couch from them and are very happy with it.

https://shop4seats.com/

Rene T said:
Take a look at these guys. I ordered a couch from them and are very happy with it.

https://shop4seats.com/
I agree about shop4seats.  I replaced all of the seating in our class A with their products.  Could not be happier!

Well, last December I bought a RecPro swivel glider/recliner and the double recliner with a center console to replace the furniture in our coach.
Shipping was really fast.  I think I had all 4 pieces(the double recliner comes in 3 sections)in about 3 days and everything arrived in good shape.
Quality of the frames seems to be really good and the recliners operate smoothly and quietly.  Assembly was a breeze.  Only issue I found was securing them to the RV floor.  Recliner wasn't bad, the base is a circle of round tubing and I just got some conduit clamps that fit the tubing size and screwed it in place.  The theater seating I had to locate a few holes in the base framework and use small lag bolts to secure it to the slide floor.
Upholstery is vinyl, but it looks good and seems to be pretty durable so far.  Had an issue with the "chrome" plating peeling off the rims of the cup holders in the center console, but I just kept at it until it was all gone and the cup holders look better with just the black plastic instead of the cheesy chrome ring around it anyway.

Overall, we are pleased.  The color(tan)blends well with our interior, we didn't need or want power recliners or fancy LED lighting around the base of the units and we didn't have that much money to spend, so I think that RecPro was the best option for us.
I only regret that they don't have driver/passenger captain's chairs to match.

I saw many remodel on Youtube that used Ikea furniture! they all look great  anyway  look up Youtube for some ideas for your project... :))

LIVE NOW said:
I saw many remodel on Youtube that used Ikea furniture! they all look great  anyway  look up Youtube for some ideas for your project... :))

I thought of using Ikea furniture, but it's too big, didn't fit in

We bought 2 RecPro recliners about a year ago.  We were very happy with them until recently when the upholstery on both headrests split.

Esweis said:
We are looking to buy 2 new couches for our motor home.  We are looking at all the online dealers and surplus.  Have had very good luck with RV Surplus in Elkhart, IN for a previous RV.  Does anyone have experience with RecPro?  Wondering about service, quality, and comfort. 

We replaced out jackknife sofa with a double RedPro recliner. We needed fabric not leather or vinyl as our kitty is known to scratch a bit at times in order to get our attention-- typically if his dinner is running a bit late.

Installation couldn't have been easier as the back comes off to get it in the door. Getting the old sofa out however required much more effort to get out the door. Just used existing seat belt fastener hardware to secure everything.

Not as "lush" as some of the traditional (non RV specific) recliners but overall pretty satisfied. Then again, almost ANYTHING beats those blasted jackknife sofas!  :)

Jeannine said:
We bought 2 RecPro recliners about a year ago.  We were very happy with them until recently when the upholstery on both headrests split.

We bought RecPro furniture about 4 years ago.  After a year, the recliner that gets the most use had the material start to come apart.  I took some pics and sent them in and they sent us a new recliner without questions.  Fast forward another couple of years(ie; after the warranty expiration date)and the other pieces started to come apart.
We ended up ordering the exact same furniture, only in fabric upholstery this time.  Fabric wasn't available when we ordered the original stuff. 
We really have no complaints with RecPro, because we've seen original equipment furniture do the same thing as well as more expensive replacements.  The actual furniture operates smoothly, is comfortable, and seems very heavy duty for the price you pay.

There is a two year warranty on the fake leather upholstery.  I plan to submit a claim.

RecPro is going to replace our center console and the backrests of both recliners.  I'm glad, because the chairs are really comfortable and good looking.

Hello everyone, I wanted to tell you about my experience with cheap furniture. When I moved in with my boyfriend, our apartment was without furniture, and we decided that we would buy it ourselves.
There was nothing in the house, which motivated us to choose the design and colors of the walls. I am delighted that I had this possibility, but I made the wrong decision when I bought furniture from IKEA. I'm sorry to say this, but I guess I wasn't lucky. It was challenging to assemble, and the quality was still not the best. Now that we have moved to the ground House, we have the opportunity again to buy our furniture. I found this site http://gardenfurniture.co.uk, and the quality of the products seems to be ok.
I hope we won't be disappointed in the future.

Old thread but I have had a question about sofas. Specifically is there a reason they are so close to the floor?

I have been thinking about building a box frame and elevating mine.

Anyone done that? Got pics?

Old thread but I have had a question about sofas. Specifically is there a reason they are so close to the floor?

I have been thinking about building a box frame and elevating mine.

Anyone done that? Got pics?

Ex, this may be a good time to start a entirely new post maybe under the Shade Tree section or General RV Discussions.

After 24 years I went with just having our sofa re-upolstered with genuine top grade leather ( as original from Flex-steel ) Less cost and no shipping as with replacements.>>>Dan

I don't see any barriers to using home furnishings because a small sofa would fit perfectly in the trailer. It also works with the kitchen stove (if it's electric). I usually have to look for furniture at https://www.josephavnon.com/joseph-avnon-interior-designer-portfolio. This designer helps me find awesome things to use for my trailer every time. I love matching the furniture to the same color as my trailer walls from the inside. It's always beautiful, so I suggest you use that as well. There's nothing to be embarrassed about because it's the same furniture as everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom