Lower 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't why I thought driving home would go smoothly.
I'm so close, in Cleveland. Only 253 miles away.
And I need a new tire. I was hoping to cross the NY border by tonight. Guess not.

RVMommaTo6 said:
And I need a new tire. I was hoping to cross the NY border by tonight. Guess not.

I think you know what I'm thinking.......

RVMommaTo6 said:
Glad you caught it and aren't roadside  :))

RVMommaTo6 said:
Meeeeee toooooo! I'm sure THAT would have come with damage too.

Ninja Blender spinning, blown tire, Steel Belts -vs- Particle Board and Plastic in a sXit whipping contest.

And the Winner is?...You!

Good Eye for catching that Before it became a -$$ Bad day, best case.

Have them Young 'En-s...

Wash Their Patties!

Stay Safe.

JD

RVMommaTo6 said:
I'm home.
My house is completely trashed.
Luckily I have 30 days to work on it uninterrupted.
That's what I feared. I take it the lady in question has left?

Hope it doesn't take that long to sort it and that your helpers don't mind the challenge.

Glad you got home safely. Stay healthy!

jackiemac said:
That's what I feared. I take it the lady in question has left?

Hope it doesn't take that long to sort it and that your helpers don't mind the challenge.

Glad you got home safely. Stay healthy!
The term "lady" is a stretch, but yes. They spent 5 hours with a team of people moving out. She was very very angry and the police had to come twice. The first time because she told me I couldn't be there. But because I rented her rooms in the house and not the whole house, I can. She got aggressive with the police and her boyfriend showed up and was almost arrested. The second time was because the other girl charged at me like a line backer. The police came and her mom said I was trying to push her out the door so the daughter attacked me. Then the daughter told her I punched the mom in the head. So they forgot to get their stories straight before the police got here and it didn't work out in her favor. She was yelling at the police and making quite a scene.
It's been very dramatic, but all her stuff is out of the house and on the driveway so other than being a pain because I can't go back and forth from the RV to move my stuff in, she's almost out of my hair.

RVMommaTo6 said:
The term "lady" is a stretch, but yes. They spent 5 hours with a team of people moving out. She was very very angry and the police had to come twice. The first time because she told me I couldn't be there. But because I rented her rooms in the house and not the whole house, I can. She got aggressive with the police and her boyfriend showed up and was almost arrested. The second time was because the other girl charged at me like a line backer. The police came and her mom said I was trying to push her out the door so the daughter attacked me. Then the daughter told her I punched the mom in the head. So they forgot to get their stories straight before the police got here and it didn't work out in her favor. She was yelling at the police and making quite a scene.
It's been very dramatic, but all her stuff is out of the house and on the driveway so other than being a pain because I can't go back and forth from the RV to move my stuff in, she's almost out of my hair.

Why this is better than the afternoon soaps...Glad your getting rid of her.

Damn, this whole last 8 months could be a blockbuster movie for you.  I told you to contact Hollywood before you departed, you'd be rich, I say, rich.  ;D ;D ;D

Glad you are home, stock up on food, it's going to be a rough couple weeks I fear.  Stay safe  :))

There are chunks out of the walls, one bedroom wall she used to put her cigarettes out. There were thick cobwebs all over the windows and areas of the wall. There was uncovered cooked food in pots and pans all over the kitchen that looked like they had been there quite a while. The fridge was also full of uncovered food that looked inedible. I washed the windows and a thick layer of black came off all of them. There are tiles ripped up off the bathroom floor. The toilet seat cover is gone. I'm pretty sure the toilet hasn't been cleaned either. My clothes dryer is broken. The hardwood floors throughout the 100 year old house that has survived 29 kids living here in the past 17 years since I bought the house are now all gauged and covered in paint splashes. My couch is torn apart literally to the wood frame underneath. You can't even sit on it. I can't imagine living like that much less doing that to someone else's house. Total pigs.

It could have been much worse, my mother in law inherited a house in a neighboring small town about 15 years ago, she rented it out for a few years to a number of people, before giving up and selling it cheap.  It was a basic older house built about 100 years ago, as I recall it had 2 bed rooms, 1 bathroom, and an enclosed back porch that had been converted to a larger family room.

Some the highlights of various renters were one man using the free standing washing machine / water heater shed as an archery practice target the day after the couple moved in, this resulted in a broken water pipe, and no hot water to the house.  Oh did I mention this couple had asked to move in 2 weeks early, for free, because they arrived in town before their new job started.

The final straw that made her decide to sell was a call from the police about the front door being broken in.  As it turns out the guy that was renting the place had lost his job a couple of months earlier, the power had been cut off for over a month, and he had been using a kerosene heater indoors to stay warm (this was in south Louisiana, just outside of Lake Charles, so it rarely gets below freezing for long in the winters), this of course left soot stains on the ceiling, and kerosene stains on the carpet where he spilled it while refueling.  Eventually one day he lost his key to the house, so he kicked in the front door, that is when the police noticed.  After he was evicted they ended up having to replace the carpet, both the front and back doors (he had kicked it in at some point too, then boarded it up), and re do the ceilings.  Of also they did not even open the refrigerator which had been left full of food for over a month without power, they just duct taped it shut and threw it away.

Oh no! Lol I guess maybe I'm lucky, it could always be worse, and I'm one to look at the positive side of things. I actually enjoyed cleaning it because it was so bad that I really felt all my progress lol, more satisfaction than cleaning and not seeing a difference lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom