rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Lower 48  (Read 12421 times)

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Lower 48
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2019, 12:55:48 AM »
That's the opposite direction we're moving lol, we go from here to San Diego then inland to Joshua Tree and Death Valley.
Death Valley is amazing.  What are you planning to do there?
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Back in the UK til our 2020 adventure...

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2019, 05:11:07 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, we usually start by visiting a visitor's center and getting a map of the area to at least hit al the "must see" stuff. It'll probably depend on weather and how much time we have there. We were supposed to leave San Diego this morning but my car quit on us and won't be drivable again until tomorrow afternoon so our Joshua Tree/ Death Valley time is being shortened from a full week to 5 days. 
Amanda
Mommy to 6 great kids who love camping and traveling
Aug 1, 2019- began our 10 month cross country trip
2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 aka "home" 
2010 35ft Springdale bunkhouse TT
2001 Jayco Pop-up
https://rvmama6.home.blog/

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2019, 09:14:18 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, we usually start by visiting a visitor's center and getting a map of the area to at least hit al the "must see" stuff. It'll probably depend on weather and how much time we have there. We were supposed to leave San Diego this morning but my car quit on us and won't be drivable again until tomorrow afternoon so our Joshua Tree/ Death Valley time is being shortened from a full week to 5 days.
Oh no! Plenty to see in both places and I'm sure you'll make the most of it, as usual. I admire your stamina!!

The hike at Zabriskie to Golden Canyon is nice but a long way back up if you dont have 2 cars. The viewpoints are all great though.

Enjoy

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2019, 04:19:02 PM »
I added pictures of the second half of CA in my latest blog post. I am so in love with Joshua Tree! It's not somewhere I could live, that sun is intense, but what an awesome place to visit!We decided to slow our pace this weekend because we have a fun packed 3 days ahead with getting up early and getting back late so instead of trying to cram Death Valley in before hitting Vegas, we'll do it the weekend after Thanksgiving. We're staying in Pahrump, so it's not a far drive by car.
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

SeilerBird

• ---
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »
When I tell people that Joshua Tree is one of my favorite National Parks most don't believe it because most have never heard of it. Right next to LA and no one knows about it. I have had the entire campground to myself there. It is a magical park.

muskoka guy

• ---
  • 2000 Coachmen Santara 370 isb cummins diesel
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2019, 08:32:36 PM »
When I tell people that Joshua Tree is one of my favorite National Parks most don't believe it because most have never heard of it. Right next to LA and no one knows about it. I have had the entire campground to myself there. It is a magical park.
I think those Joshua trees look neat. They look like something out of doctor Seuss.

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2019, 10:51:57 PM »
I believe it Tom, I really knew nothing about it before researching this trip. Definitely magical, a couple of the kids announced it being in their top 5 list.
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2019, 07:31:11 AM »
Great photo Tom. We also love Joshua.

I'm interested in what you thought of the condition of the park Amanda, I've heard people say it will take years to recover from the recent shutdown where no-one was looking after the place and people were causing mayhem.

ziplock

• ---
  • Maryland
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »
Hi Rv Mama,

Where are you spending Christmas Eve?

Waving at you.
2018 Chateau 22r New  to  This! May 2017
Wish we were retired!
Maryland

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2019, 10:37:17 PM »
Great photo Tom. We also love Joshua.

I'm interested in what you thought of the condition of the park Amanda, I've heard people say it will take years to recover from the recent shutdown where no-one was looking after the place and people were causing mayhem.
There were many areas being rehabilitated, but it didn't look like it needed to be except for the lack of the smaller plants on the ground in those areas that were likely trampled. I thought it was beautiful and looked so natural, it didn't look like people had done much damage, but I also don't have a "before" with which to compare it.
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
Hi Rv Mama,

Where are you spending Christmas Eve?

Waving at you.
Hi!!! We'll be at a KOA (our first) in Salt Lake City, Utah, for Christmas Eve. Santa coming will be a challenge because I still have a couple believers (I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here before but my kids are developmentally delayed, and they're homeschooled so they don't have that influence.)
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2019, 11:14:19 PM »
We stay at that KOA a lot.

You are soooo lucky to be there at Christmas time because you can see the Temple grounds all decorated for Christmas.

Go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. Great.

And remember...If you don't believe in Santa he won't believe in you.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 90,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2019, 03:24:31 AM »
We stay at that KOA a lot.

You are soooo lucky to be there at Christmas time because you can see the Temple grounds all decorated for Christmas.

Go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. Great.

And remember...If you don't believe in Santa he won't believe in you.
I'll do that!
Most of our family friends don't do Santa because they're very conservative Christians, I tell my kids he only delivers to believers. I also tell them that I personally believe in Santa but that a lot of people don't. When my son was 13, I found out he still thought Santa was the red suited man as opposed to Mommy because he was having trouble sleeping at night. He didn't know why. I asked him what he thinks about when he lays in bed. He said he's up thinking about, and worrying about, that when he's an old man, he wants to be the next Santa (he saw it in a movie that Santa gets passed down) I'll never forget that year, I had to go make an extra trip to Walmart to buy him an Xbox. We didn't do video games before that and it's all he was asking for. I was done shopping - but with belief like that, I HAD to get him the Xbox lol
We make a habit of doing nice things for people that they'll never know is us, and I explain that those things are Santa too, but they still think red suited guy lol
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2019, 06:24:31 AM »
There were many areas being rehabilitated, but it didn't look like it needed to be except for the lack of the smaller plants on the ground in those areas that were likely trampled. I thought it was beautiful and looked so natural, it didn't look like people had done much damage, but I also don't have a "before" with which to compare it.
I did wonder if there was a lit of exaggeration going on. Glad to hear it's still as beautiful.