Lower 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isaac- Beautiful!
Tom- I could live in Reno too, but I want to explore this area for a while. But I dream of Reno some day too lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
I could live in Reno too, but I want to explore this area for a while. But I dream of Reno some day too lol

I've seemed to have noticed a tread with you...Based on your post and your desire to live in most of the places you have visited.

I would suggest you retire early so you can spend those extra years living in all the places that you like.

Based on the number of places so far....You need to retire by Feb. 2 2002.

Gizmo100 said:
I've seemed to have noticed a tread with you...Based on your post and your desire to live in most of the places you have visited.

I would suggest you retire early so you can spend those extra years living in all the places that you like.

Based on the number of places so far....You need to retire by Feb. 2 2002.
And I need to live in good health until the approximate age of 372. Maybe I should have had the organic pizza tonight ?

But you're right, I want to live in Michigan, Washington, and Utah now lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
But you're right, I want to live in Michigan, Washington, and Utah now lol

That's why a lot of us are Fulltimers.  But we don't try and see the whole country in 10 months.  ;)

Lou Schneider said:
That's why a lot of us are Fulltimers.  But we don't try and see the whole country in 10 months.  ;)
Lol yeah this is a one time trip, if I was going full time, I would take my time. I would love to go full time. Whose idea was it to have kids anyway?! Lol, maybe in 10 years. My youngest is 12 in a month.

Update- my slide is fixed, my water pump is brand new and installed, all the other little things are fixed and we're on the road! Now in Green River Utah for the night and heading to Capitol Reef in the morning!

RVMommaTo6 said:
Update- my slide is fixed, my water pump is brand new and installed, all the other little things are fixed and we're on the road! Now in Green River Utah for the night and heading to Capitol Reef in the morning!

:)) :))

Would you hate me if I started a pool on whats going to break next.. ;) ;)

Gizmo100 said:
Of course your going to win :) ....And the grand prize is a case of Corn Dogs.  ;D ;D

Oldgator73 said:
Or alligator tenders.

Hey you got gator in my Corn Dog.......Hey this is good.  Corn Gators on a stick.

OldGator we are going to be rich ;D ;D

Here ya go. My Christmas present to you... Alligator hot dogs.

https://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/Alligator-Hot-Dogs-for-sale-Alligator-Meat-p/alligator114.htm

All ya need is a fryer, some batter and a stick...

SLOweather said:
Here ya go. My Christmas present to you... Alligator hot dogs.

https://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/Alligator-Hot-Dogs-for-sale-Alligator-Meat-p/alligator114.htm

All ya need is a fryer, some batter and a stick...

It may be time to come out of retirement ;D

I passed a place in Salt Lake City the other day selling beef jerky and alligator jerky. I laughed and thought of you guys lol, it was so unexpected in UTAH!

RVMommaTo6 said:
I passed a place in Salt Lake City the other day selling beef jerky and alligator jerky. I laughed and thought of you guys lol, it was so unexpected in UTAH!

I lived in Salt Lake City from 1968 to 1970. They had a meat store downtown that only sold horse meat. Fellow worker used to buy it all the time.

I never tried it. 

Amanda, If you make it to SW Louisiana on this trip let me know, and I will direct you to some good places to eat where you can try Alligator, along with a lot of other good Cajun food.

I couldn't eat horse, to me that's the same category as dog.

I'll be driving through From Houston to New Orleans, I'm not opposed to stopping along the way!

If you are taking I-10 I can make a couple of recommendations that are close to the highway, though only one comes to mind with potential RV+toad parking nearby.  If you are going to take a more scenic route, such as along the coast where you are much more likely to see alligators in the wild, etc. let me know and I can make some suggestions that way too.

Assuming you will be on I-10 my primary suggestion is Hollier's in Sulphur, here is a streetview of their parking lot https://goo.gl/maps/srSx1ay3P3emyru4A  as you can see there is a school bus in their overflow parking here.  As long as you don't show up at prime dining hours you should be able to get a parking spot with the coach.  There is also a former hardware store on the next block south which likely has ample parking.  Holliers has a good cajun buffet, but the best stuff is ordered off the menu, this is a working class cajun place, but has very good food, you will often see petrochem plant workers here on their lunch break. 

Next suggestions assume you will likely need a TOAD to get to, Don's Specialty Meats, Rayne, LA, this is primarily a meat market, though they do have a small cafe, great place to stock up on cajun meat items, boudin, stuffed pork chops, etc.  Access in the coach is possible depending on how busy they are, they have a parking lot just past the building on the frontage road.

Pat's on the Wharf in Henderson, historical cajun restaurant, founded in the 1950's and had a certain degree of national fame  50+ years ago.  It is a couple of miles off I-10 and parking would likely be TOAD only.  Prices are also a bit higher, but even so when I am in the area I will tend to splurge a bit and eat there.

p.s. if you want to spend the night near Lake Charles, several of the local parks have RV sites for $12 per night.  I might suggest Intracoastal park about 12 miles south of Sulphur as it is on the Intracoastal water way and you can watch barges pass by.  White Oak park is another option just east of Lake Charles, it is only 4-5 miles off I-10.

Back
Top Bottom