rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Lower 48  (Read 16829 times)

Isaac-1

• ---
Re: Lower 48
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2019, 10:03:32 AM »
You should be good, though we have been experiencing a very warm December here with highs in the 70's much of the time, after some early season freezes in October and early November.  We have spent the first weekend of February at Palmetto Island State park the last 2 years, and both times we had highs of around 80F with night time lows in the 50's to 60's.   A couple of things about the park, first off on the first Saturday of the month most months the local dutch oven cooking club does a sampler lunch, (they ask for a small donation, and run a raffle), you can check the friends of the park facebook page of the calendar.  Second they have nice laundry / shower rooms, with free washing machines and dryers, they also have free wifi in the campground, but it is so slow as to be useless (think 5 minutes to load a simple page, except at 3 am when it is 1 minute).  Also be aware some of the secondary highways near there are is awful shape, so be aware of this if you try to take a shortcut to get there, the best road option to get there form the north is to take either US90 or US167 south out of Lafayette, to LA14 then across to LA82 in Abbeville then south to the road that leads into Palmetto Island State park.  West of Abbeville LA14 starts alternating between new pavement and nearly washboard conditions, the last 2 times I went down there it was so bad it shook screws loose from my motorhome some of which were holding my headlight bezels on.

Hwys 35, 13, and 26 south of I10 are all marginal to poor at least in significant stretches, US90 is a longer drive than US167, but is more open highway with far fewer traffic lights and city traffic.
2002 Safari Trek 2830