rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Lower 48  (Read 32776 times)

Isaac-1

• ---
Re: Lower 48
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2020, 03:10:20 PM »
Glad you made it and keep us updated.
2002 Safari Trek 2830

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2020, 03:36:37 PM »
I'm home.
My house is completely trashed.
Luckily I have 30 days to work on it uninterrupted.
That's what I feared. I take it the lady in question has left?

Hope it doesn't take that long to sort it and that your helpers don't mind the challenge.

Glad you got home safely. Stay healthy!

Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Back in the UK til who knows....

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2020, 04:30:19 PM »
That's what I feared. I take it the lady in question has left?

Hope it doesn't take that long to sort it and that your helpers don't mind the challenge.

Glad you got home safely. Stay healthy!
The term "lady" is a stretch, but yes. They spent 5 hours with a team of people moving out. She was very very angry and the police had to come twice. The first time because she told me I couldn't be there. But because I rented her rooms in the house and not the whole house, I can. She got aggressive with the police and her boyfriend showed up and was almost arrested. The second time was because the other girl charged at me like a line backer. The police came and her mom said I was trying to push her out the door so the daughter attacked me. Then the daughter told her I punched the mom in the head. So they forgot to get their stories straight before the police got here and it didn't work out in her favor. She was yelling at the police and making quite a scene.
It's been very dramatic, but all her stuff is out of the house and on the driveway so other than being a pain because I can't go back and forth from the RV to move my stuff in, she's almost out of my hair.
Amanda
Mommy to 6 great kids who love camping and traveling
Aug 1, 2019- began our 10 month cross country trip
2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 aka "home" 
2010 35ft Springdale bunkhouse TT
2001 Jayco Pop-up
https://rvmama6.home.blog/

Gizmo100

• ---
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
The term "lady" is a stretch, but yes. They spent 5 hours with a team of people moving out. She was very very angry and the police had to come twice. The first time because she told me I couldn't be there. But because I rented her rooms in the house and not the whole house, I can. She got aggressive with the police and her boyfriend showed up and was almost arrested. The second time was because the other girl charged at me like a line backer. The police came and her mom said I was trying to push her out the door so the daughter attacked me. Then the daughter told her I punched the mom in the head. So they forgot to get their stories straight before the police got here and it didn't work out in her favor. She was yelling at the police and making quite a scene.
It's been very dramatic, but all her stuff is out of the house and on the driveway so other than being a pain because I can't go back and forth from the RV to move my stuff in, she's almost out of my hair.

Why this is better than the afternoon soaps...Glad your getting rid of her.
2017 Heartland Trail runner 24 SLE
2017 Ford F150 3.5 Eco boost

To be 1/2 the man my dog thinks I am...But twice the man My wife thinks I am...

SpencerPJ

• ---
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2020, 04:50:43 PM »
Damn, this whole last 8 months could be a blockbuster movie for you.  I told you to contact Hollywood before you departed, you'd be rich, I say, rich.   ;D ;D ;D

Glad you are home, stock up on food, it's going to be a rough couple weeks I fear.  Stay safe  :))
2020 F150 Lariat 502a, Max Tow, 3.5 Eco
2012 Puma 21BH TT
Paul & Julie

"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2020, 06:39:28 PM »
That sounds absolutely horrendous!

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2020, 07:28:31 PM »
There are chunks out of the walls, one bedroom wall she used to put her cigarettes out. There were thick cobwebs all over the windows and areas of the wall. There was uncovered cooked food in pots and pans all over the kitchen that looked like they had been there quite a while. The fridge was also full of uncovered food that looked inedible. I washed the windows and a thick layer of black came off all of them. There are tiles ripped up off the bathroom floor. The toilet seat cover is gone. I'm pretty sure the toilet hasn't been cleaned either. My clothes dryer is broken. The hardwood floors throughout the 100 year old house that has survived 29 kids living here in the past 17 years since I bought the house are now all gauged and covered in paint splashes. My couch is torn apart literally to the wood frame underneath. You can't even sit on it. I can't imagine living like that much less doing that to someone else's house. Total pigs.
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2020, 07:30:05 PM »
Oh and they just got the last load of stuff so it's 8:30 and they are officially gone!
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

Isaac-1

• ---
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »
It could have been much worse, my mother in law inherited a house in a neighboring small town about 15 years ago, she rented it out for a few years to a number of people, before giving up and selling it cheap.  It was a basic older house built about 100 years ago, as I recall it had 2 bed rooms, 1 bathroom, and an enclosed back porch that had been converted to a larger family room.

Some the highlights of various renters were one man using the free standing washing machine / water heater shed as an archery practice target the day after the couple moved in, this resulted in a broken water pipe, and no hot water to the house.  Oh did I mention this couple had asked to move in 2 weeks early, for free, because they arrived in town before their new job started.

The final straw that made her decide to sell was a call from the police about the front door being broken in.  As it turns out the guy that was renting the place had lost his job a couple of months earlier, the power had been cut off for over a month, and he had been using a kerosene heater indoors to stay warm (this was in south Louisiana, just outside of Lake Charles, so it rarely gets below freezing for long in the winters), this of course left soot stains on the ceiling, and kerosene stains on the carpet where he spilled it while refueling.  Eventually one day he lost his key to the house, so he kicked in the front door, that is when the police noticed.   After he was evicted they ended up having to replace the carpet, both the front and back doors (he had kicked it in at some point too, then boarded it up), and re do the ceilings.  Of also they did not even open the refrigerator which had been left full of food for over a month without power, they just duct taped it shut and threw it away.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:55:11 PM by Isaac-1 »
2002 Safari Trek 2830

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2020, 08:57:32 PM »
Oh no! Lol I guess maybe I'm lucky, it could always be worse, and I'm one to look at the positive side of things. I actually enjoyed cleaning it because it was so bad that I really felt all my progress lol, more satisfaction than cleaning and not seeing a difference lol
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

IBTripping

• ---
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2020, 09:05:01 PM »
Tough situation, but you did get rid of an atrocious renter. Best wishes!!!
1996 Coachmen Catalina 230BH
2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L

Roy M

• ---
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2020, 10:41:15 PM »
That is a brutal homecoming but at least you are rid of her. And you have a freshly decorated house. I would hate to be a landlord, I have rented for many years and saw some doozies.

Lynx0849

• ---
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2020, 11:26:34 PM »
You may have a case for criminal charges. Certainly civil ones.

I hope you took pictures when you got home in case you need to file insurance claims in the future.

Good riddance to her.
Rob & Deryl, Nettle, Tigger & Mai
Clyde, a 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins Longhorn SRW w/ARE cap
14 V nose utility trailer as mini toy hauler (for now)
N1ICB (Nursing 1 Ice Cold Beer)

SpencerPJ

• ---
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2020, 06:49:29 AM »
You may have a case for criminal charges. Certainly civil ones.
Ya, good luck collecting.  Sounds like a crackhead. 
The important thing is: You have a standing house, and space for these times.  Kids have rooms, showers, of I bet they sit on the jon for an hour and do their homework.  hehe.  Good luck with your fixes. 
ps: what's wrong with the dryer? they are usually simple to fix.
2020 F150 Lariat 502a, Max Tow, 3.5 Eco
2012 Puma 21BH TT
Paul & Julie

"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

John Stephens

• ---
  • Vacations begin when you leave the driveway
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2020, 10:21:19 AM »
Amanda, I am so sorry to hear about what you came back to after running into the virus while on the road and having to cut your trip short. This is the last thing you need after the nerves of the trip with all the closings around the country.

Your experience tells me I make the correct decision of not renting out my house regardless of how long I am going to be away from it.
John
Cape Coral, Fl.
2005 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
2018 Chevy Equinox

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »
So glad to hear you made it home.  Nothing like a little excitement to end a trip - but it all sounds fixable which is good.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2020, 07:22:06 PM »
We're happy, we have the house back, we have our dog back, we bought 3 shopping carts worth of food so we can avoid the stores for as long as possible and picked up paint while we were at Walmart so we'll paint and get it back to normal. I also ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon (like curtains and a shower curtain) to complete the process.
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »
We're happy, we have the house back, we have our dog back, we bought 3 shopping carts worth of food so we can avoid the stores for as long as possible and picked up paint while we were at Walmart so we'll paint and get it back to normal. I also ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon (like curtains and a shower curtain) to complete the process.

Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/mEj4_iN1tiw

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »
Lol lol, pretty much!
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

X-Roughneck

• ---
  • 2017 Winnebago Aspect 30J
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2020, 06:50:55 AM »
Lol lol, pretty much!

Momma,

One of the positives of being back at the house is, you have a whole bunch of live in Gardener's and House Keeping Help. 

Don't be posting no pictures of yourself wearing any gardening or dishes gloves.   ;)

Those kids will be Thanking You, for the rest of their lives.  Literally.. in their great thoughts, "Bank of Memories."  Great memories are the best.

Trust me...I still remember the 1/2 way across country trip TX to Washington, DC, with the Starcraft crank up, double bed slide, canvas top camper 47 years ago. 

To this day, including right now, I still smile and laugh thinking back on that 3 week trip.  I was blessed with GREAT Parents also. 

I need to go back and revisit your Blog, so I can steal some of your inspiration of places we might want to visit in the hopefully near future....

as you plan..Your Pack's next Adventure!  :)

I bet you already are plotting the next one.   :)

Jackie...RF, YTvid? OK I get it.

JD

2017 Winnebago Aspect 30J
2013 Jeep

Certified Oil Field Trash / Roughneck (5 yr)
Retired Army (20 yr)
Retired Army Civilian (10 yr)

Only Lessons I never forgot, Were taught by my parents, or a Dog.

John/JD

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2020, 08:48:09 AM »
No plans for a next one in the near future but I do have a list of places I still want to get to. For now, my house is my adventure lol, cloroxing everything head to toe, painted 2 rooms, painting a third today, reassembling furniture etc
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2020, 08:57:45 AM »
JD - you get your house back, dog back, first heart attack back.....  great song.

X-Roughneck

• ---
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2020, 04:46:48 PM »
JD - you get your house back, dog back, first heart attack back.....  great song.

Thanks for the share! I Definitely Book Marked it.  :))  :))  Picks up the Tempo / Spirit for sure!

Love me some HW Jr., Too!

Here is a Full Album for you.  Only Country Album I ever bought.  I love Classic Rock, but...

My Country Entire Album Fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_Avp1tGAQ

My Single hwjr fav..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ji_byLzeBk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:53:19 PM by X-Roughneck »
2013 Jeep

Retired Army (20 yr)

John/JD

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2020, 03:11:41 AM »

Thanks for the share! I Definitely Book Marked it.  :))  :))  Picks up the Tempo / Spirit for sure!

Love me some HW Jr., Too!

Here is a Full Album for you.  Only Country Album I ever bought.  I love Classic Rock, but...

My Country Entire Album Fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_Avp1tGAQ

My Single hwjr fav..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ji_byLzeBk
Interesting choice for a rock man.  What rock do you like?

X-Roughneck

• ---
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2020, 05:34:26 AM »
Interesting choice for a rock man.  What rock do you like?

Jackie,

I like county out of immersion/ forced exposure to it.  Never listened to it in my life before I worked the oil Fields.  I use to work for a old man he loved Black Velvet Whisky (after work) and Country Music (in his car) which we got a steady, mandatory, daily dose round tripping our 100 mile one way journey riding in his old Caddy to the Oil Rigs.  Back in those days Rock was played on Albums in your friends rooms with hardly any air play.  At least down here in the West Texas Desert. 

Loved that Rascal Flatts link...Never listened to them until the other day.  I realized now after your share who sang the "Broken Road"....I love that song

My Classic Rock line up just a few of my Favs..

Big fan of the 70s stuff, and later #1 Aerosmith is my main stay, with Bryan Adams believe it or not a close #2.  Some of my many favorites....AC/CD (W/Bon Scott Fronting)- High Voltage Fav Album of theirs, Van Halen all line ups, Motley Crue, Legz Diamond (Ever heard of them)?, Bon Jovi, Ted Nugent, Scorpions ......  Old 60s rock...CCR. 

We use to go to concerts as kids in the bigger cities near by.  Nothing came to my one horse town.  We hit the first 3 years of the Texxas Jams at the Cotton Bowl, 78,79,80, 86.  Here is a poster I had blown up from a picture I got from Vernon Gowdy Rock Photographer. I bought a bunch of smaller crowd shots and finally found our faces in the pic...got the poster blown up for my computer room. 

We had some memorable times at those shows. Once drove 100 + miles home in my Buddies Pick Up Truck around midnight with no Head Lights from Midland TX, Chaparral Center after Highway to Hell AC/DC Tour.  The Truth is stranger than fiction. We were following a friend closely. 

I have been to alot of shows, live, but ACDC was the only concert that was so loud my ears were ringing for 3 days straight. 

Went to a couple early Van Halen Shows in 78-79 and the one in Midland, TX was the time the people barricade broke from pushing (Plywood fronting across length of stage) I got my head and face smashed against the stage and a Big Cut on the hand where it was stuck in the bracing behind the barricade.  I heard it creaking and knew it was getting ready to break, but I was at a 45 degree angle at the time pulling myself to the very front next to the stage.  I was lucky after the surge forward when the barracade broke the sea of humanity backed off.  We were employing concert seating arrive late and smash your way to the front.  It was a little trick we learned going to concerts at the Cotton Bowl with 100K people in attendance.

Legz Diamond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phPDHyFuMM 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:43:02 AM by X-Roughneck »
2013 Jeep

Retired Army (20 yr)

John/JD

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:26 AM »
I love Bryan Adams and some of the other rock guys.  Some of those concerts sound a bit frightening!  I will listen to that, not heard of them.

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2020, 07:17:34 AM »
Absolute worst concert I ever went to was Van Halen in Phoenix, in '79  or '80.
The opening act was something called The Fabulous Poodles.  Very Devo style band, and not at all what the fans were there for.  They sailed a copy of their album out into the crowd, and whoever caught it, sailed it back.  They were finally booed off the stage.
When VH finally came on David Lee Roth was so hammered he couldn't hardly remember the songs.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
FMCA F494768

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

X-Roughneck

• ---
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
Absolute worst concert I ever went to was Van Halen in Phoenix, in '79  or '80.
The opening act was something called The Fabulous Poodles.  Very Devo style band, and not at all what the fans were there for.  They sailed a copy of their album out into the crowd, and whoever caught it, sailed it back.  They were finally booed off the stage.
When VH finally came on David Lee Roth was so hammered he couldn't hardly remember the songs.

Old_Rocker  ;)

I mean Old Crow,

I think the Texxas Jam 1 at the Cotton Bowl in 1978 was Van Halen's First Really Big Gig, and they were hitting on all cylinders, ROCKING the HOUSE! Their First, and my vote for their best, album was just released a few months earlier...They played at around 1100 AM, all day all night Concert for $12 or $15, the heavy hitters of the Day of Rock and Roll were there, but VH stole the show!  Cheech and Chong entertained the crowds between events in the afternoon.  We were on about the 10 yard line, the stage was on the goal line. 

They played the entire first Album and they had the Crowd (100,000 Sardine Canned Floor, Packed to the Gills, Cotton Bowl, Dallas TX) Ignited chanting and shaking our youthful Fists in the air for the Chorus.  I have been to big sporting events but I have never been in a more Electric, Plugged into Life Event. Electric is a great adjective...   

When we saw them in 2013ish a Different Kind of Truth Tour, David Lee was a former shell of himself, Voice was terrible, and I bought TIX in the Nose Bleed sections of San Antonio's ATT Center.  Hot, Hot Up towards the top.  I should have known better, this is TX, It must have been summer time too.  We left early.  Not good.

Love thinking back go memorable times of our youth though....

JD
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:08:57 AM by X-Roughneck »
2013 Jeep

Retired Army (20 yr)

John/JD

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2020, 02:01:34 PM »
JD, Broken Road is my song to my kids. I had kids years ago, got them as babies, it was supposed to be an adoptive placement, had them for 3 years and then they were unexpectedly sent back to their birth parents. I didn't even get to say goodbye, they went and picked them up from preschool and kindergarten. At the time, I didn't think could possibly go on. But that painful road led to me being the mom to my kids.

Jackie, I saw Bryan Adams in concert!
Amanda
2001 Jayco Pop-up

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2020, 07:06:16 PM »
JD, Broken Road is my song to my kids. I had kids years ago, got them as babies, it was supposed to be an adoptive placement, had them for 3 years and then they were unexpectedly sent back to their birth parents. I didn't even get to say goodbye, they went and picked them up from preschool and kindergarten. At the time, I didn't think could possibly go on. But that painful road led to me being the mom to my kids.

Jackie, I saw Bryan Adams in concert!

Oh that's so sad and a terrible way to treat you.

I'm jealous!!  Hes touring this year but unlikely I will see him but you never know.