any NFL tailgaters here? question from a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FutureMan

Hey guys, thanks for reading.

I'm taking a trip with family this fall, first time RVing and one of the things I want to do is do a football tailgate.

Is anyone familiar with the parking around the stadium in Atlanta for Falcons games? And if there are any lots that allow overnight parking that are near the stadium?

I see that the Marshalling Lot allows RV tailgating but it is only open on game day. Not the end of the world, but I'd prefer to wake up in my spot rather than fight traffic in the morning getting to the stadium.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, I can't help with the Falcons stadium parking, but "tailgating" is different than "camping at the stadium". Even finding parking near an NFL stadium on game day is often a challenge, so finding an overnight rv spot within walking distance is likely to be tough.

From what I see, the Falcons now play in the new Mercedes Benz stadium?  But it's almost the same place as the old one? If so, this article on campgrounds may help.
http://www.rv123.com/rv-camping-near-the-georgia-dome-atlanta/

There may be something else if you are willing to camp without services and a prepared site, but the stadium appears to be in an urban area. Even if you find a spot big enough and allowing overnight parking, safety would have to be a concern.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom