Flushing water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mfg001

I have a Newmar Kountry Star. I'm going to replace anode rod in water heater. My storage facility doesn't have potable water. My water tank is full. Can I use it to flush water heater before replacing the rod? Or should I drive it to my house? New to Class A. Thanks for replies.

Just bought it. Not sure. That's why I'm servicing everything. My appears very well taken care of inside and out. Just don't want to take chances.

Probably not enough pressure.  The best thing for flushing out a WH is one of these.  They take a pretty good amount of water to do the job right.

Attachments

• IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks. I bought the wand when I got the new anode rod. Found out the water at the storage facility is non-potable. So didn't want to use to flush out the wh. Have 50 gallons water in tank. Just filled it.
So you think I need to take Mh to the house and flush?

You can flush it later, when you bring the coach home (or elsewhere) for some other reason.  If you just bought it, I would want to sanitize the entire water system anyway.  Fresh tank included.    That way you know you are starting clean (literally).  Besides, you have no idea what has been in the tank.  See the RVforum Library for water system sanitizing instructions - it's not hard.

For now, go ahead and replace the anode and use the tank water as you like.

Back
Top Bottom